By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii passes 10 Million

Wonder if it can make the 20 million mark?

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Around the Network

I believe this game will outsell all games, with the exception of.

1 bundled  Wii game

2 other Wii games

2 bundled NES games.

1 bundled GB game

2 Pokemon games on GB

Between 1-3 DS games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I had a thread asking what was the highest selling NON-BUNDLED / NON MULTI-VERSION (Such as Pokemon Red / Blue etc.) game.

The winners I believe are still
either
Super Mario Land (I Thought it was bundled - no proof)
and
GTA: San Andreas. (Two versions dictated by ESRB, but that was a forced court judgement for a label on the box for what is essentially the same game)

Mario Kart Wii came up in the conversation...
The question was asked is this considered a bundled game?, and I think that my answer was "No". It comes with a piece of plastic, that is essentially unnecessary to play the game.

If the game never becomes part of a Wii bundle, I can see this becoming the highest sold game (Non-Bundled at any time in its sales history) of all time.
We aren't even past Christmas yet, I can see it hitting 11-11.5 by the end of the year, and limp out another 6 million in 2 years or less easily.

Pretty amazing.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Oyvoyvoyv said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Fernando said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million.

Mario Kart DS has sold more than 10 millions... with no wheel included.

Mario Kart D.S. that was a better game.

Snaking was great, casuals cant do those.

And yet over 8M (66%) casuals bought the game (or is the DS, which has 45% females, and 33% over 40 (I believe), more "harcorez" than the Wii?)

Fact is - Mario Kart Wii will outsell any Ps3 + 360 game. Combined multiplatform, or exclusive. MKDS will probably do the same.

If casuals knew what snaking does they wouldnt have bought MKDS.

Im glad females buy casuals games that will benefit the hardcores later on. All Ubisoft titles on DS are selling nice.

the real fact is Mkwii will sell because it comes with a Wii wheel for Easy gamers. 

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Fernando said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million.

Mario Kart DS has sold more than 10 millions... with no wheel included.

Mario Kart D.S. that was a better game.

Snaking was great, casuals cant do those.

And yet over 8M (66%) casuals bought the game (or is the DS, which has 45% females, and 33% over 40 (I believe), more "harcorez" than the Wii?)

Fact is - Mario Kart Wii will outsell any Ps3 + 360 game. Combined multiplatform, or exclusive. MKDS will probably do the same.

If casuals knew what snaking does they wouldnt have bought MKDS.

Im glad females buy casuals games that will benefit the hardcores later on. All Ubisoft titles on DS are selling nice.

the real fact is Mkwii will sell because it comes with a Wii wheel for Easy gamers.

How would you know that? I'm guessing between 1/3 and half of the people who bought MKDS hasn't even played online!That means snaking doesn't even matter.

And so what if it sells much because it comes with the wheel? It isn't like they are buying it to use the wheel in another game. If the only reason MKWii sells so much is the wheel, then I have to say Microsoft are some stupid retards for not packing Forza with a wheel (I use MS as I notice the person I quote has a 360)

Around the Network

Quite an achievement. I'm thinking at least 15 million by the end of the gen. Somewhere between that and 17 million would be my guess.

Zucas said:
Quite an achievement. I'm thinking at least 15 million by the end of the gen. Somewhere between that and 17 million would be my guess.

So you are expecting it to sell only 3-5M after christmas? That seems very pessimistic to me. I see it reaching 15M by May (2.5M in the next 6 weeks, 125K average for 20 weeks)

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Zucas said:

So you are expecting it to sell only 3-5M after christmas? That seems very pessimistic to me. I see it reaching 15M by May (2.5M in the next 6 weeks, 125K average for 20 weeks)

Sorry I think I say that wrong.  I meant to say end of 2009 for that 15-17 million number.

This game is going to just tear up the charts for a while, then. I wonder how long it will manage to stay consistently in the top ten before dropping out permanently.

I blame Wii Fit.

YAY!!!!! congratz....to the game...w00t! >_> ^_^