By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii passes 10 Million

Oyvoyvoyv said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Fernando said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million.

Mario Kart DS has sold more than 10 millions... with no wheel included.

Mario Kart D.S. that was a better game.

Snaking was great, casuals cant do those.

And yet over 8M (66%) casuals bought the game (or is the DS, which has 45% females, and 33% over 40 (I believe), more "harcorez" than the Wii?)

Fact is - Mario Kart Wii will outsell any Ps3 + 360 game. Combined multiplatform, or exclusive. MKDS will probably do the same.

If casuals knew what snaking does they wouldnt have bought MKDS.

Im glad females buy casuals games that will benefit the hardcores later on. All Ubisoft titles on DS are selling nice.

the real fact is Mkwii will sell because it comes with a Wii wheel for Easy gamers.

How would you know that? I'm guessing between 1/3 and half of the people who bought MKDS hasn't even played online!That means snaking doesn't even matter.

And so what if it sells much because it comes with the wheel? It isn't like they are buying it to use the wheel in another game. If the only reason MKWii sells so much is the wheel, then I have to say Microsoft are some stupid retards for not packing Forza with a wheel (I use MS as I notice the person I quote has a 360)

why would you compare MkWii to Forza which is authentic racing style. Casuals will never be able to play a real simulator racing that would be disaster for them.

games like Grand Turismo and Forza are for hardcore racers not mindless fun racers.

anyway if Mircosoft/Sony wanted a Kart series for thier Hardware that would be Awesome. It will sell.

Around the Network
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million

If you're gonna say some bullshit make it at least a bit more plausible bullshit. Mario Kart: Double Dash sold 6.96 million on the GameCube (which has a smaller user base than Wii). How on earth can you conceive that Mario Kart Wii would sell under a million without the wheel?

Signature goes here!

Besides Nintendo's own games, nothing seems to sell much on the Wii....

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

GLoRySoGLoRy said:

why would you compare MkWii to Forza which is authentic racing style. Casuals will never be able to play a real simulator racing that would be disaster for them.

games like Grand Turismo and Forza are for hardcore racers not mindless fun racers.

anyway if Mircosoft/Sony wanted a Kart series for thier Hardware that would be Awesome. It will sell.

wow dude what happened to you? you used to like MKWii.

racing simulators are casual games btw, it appeals to non gamers who like real driving experience, that why Grand turismo series sales so well, it sells to casuals, it also sales to hardcore gamers too. mario kart is selling to old fans of mario kart like us and new players also, what is wrong with that?

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Zombl337 said:
Besides Nintendo's own games, nothing seems to sell much on the Wii....

It's just that compared to Nintendo's game sales look bad for others but there's plenty of other games that sold really well.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Sega 0.57 1.99 3.39 5.95
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock RedOctane 0.00 2.65 0.82 3.47
Carnival Games Global Star 0.05 1.35 1.06 2.46
Sonic and the Secret Rings Sega 0.04 0.76 1.08 1.88
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition Capcom 0.14 0.94 0.52 1.60
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga LucasArts 0.00 0.99 0.59 1.58
Game Party Midway Games 0.00 0.83 0.66 1.49
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 Ubisoft 0.00 0.62 0.82 1.44
Rayman Raving Rabbids Ubisoft 0.02 0.90 0.48 1.40
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles Capcom 0.28 0.57 0.42 1.27
MySims Electronic Arts 0.04 0.77 0.46 1.27
High School Musical: Sing It! Disney Interactive Studios 0.00 0.82 0.38 1.20
Smarty Pants Electronic Arts 0.00 0.34 0.73 1.07

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million

If you're gonna say some bullshit make it at least a bit more plausible bullshit. Mario Kart: Double Dash sold 6.96 million on the GameCube (which has a smaller user base than Wii). How on earth can you conceive that Mario Kart Wii would sell under a million without the wheel?

during '02 or '03 Nintendo bundled MKDD with gamecube i think it was for only 99$. the only reason why MKDD sold well.  

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Fernando said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million.

Mario Kart DS has sold more than 10 millions... with no wheel included.

Mario Kart D.S. that was a better game.

Snaking was great, casuals cant do those.

And yet over 8M (66%) casuals bought the game (or is the DS, which has 45% females, and 33% over 40 (I believe), more "harcorez" than the Wii?)

Fact is - Mario Kart Wii will outsell any Ps3 + 360 game. Combined multiplatform, or exclusive. MKDS will probably do the same.

If casuals knew what snaking does they wouldnt have bought MKDS.

Im glad females buy casuals games that will benefit the hardcores later on. All Ubisoft titles on DS are selling nice.

the real fact is Mkwii will sell because it comes with a Wii wheel for Easy gamers.

How would you know that? I'm guessing between 1/3 and half of the people who bought MKDS hasn't even played online!That means snaking doesn't even matter.

And so what if it sells much because it comes with the wheel? It isn't like they are buying it to use the wheel in another game. If the only reason MKWii sells so much is the wheel, then I have to say Microsoft are some stupid retards for not packing Forza with a wheel (I use MS as I notice the person I quote has a 360)

You know what, this is messed up.

You are pretty much saying

1) I am hardcore

2) All games I like must therefore be hardcore

3. All games I do not like are casual.

And that is just stupid.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
TruckOSaurus said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:

during '02 or '03 Nintendo bundled MKDD with gamecube i think it was for only 99$. the only reason why MKDD sold well.  

I like it how bundles only discounts the sells of nintendo games, if we start discounting game sales because of temporary bundle then games like forza would have as many sells too, then what about MKDS and MK64?. mario kart series has always sold well even in low userbase of gamecube, it is just logical that it would sell so well on wii.

Cougarman said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:

racing simulators are casual games btw, it appeals to non gamers who like real driving experience, that why Grand turismo series sales so well, it sells to casuals, it also sales to hardcore gamers too. mario kart is selling to old fans of mario kart like us and new players also, what is wrong with that?

some but not most. you see Grand Turismo and Forza has an automatic mode that lets make the game ease for casuals. They wont win online thats for sure...

I also dont think casuals would want to learn the mechanics of real racing games, PSi, Rebound, Tire Parts, Springs, Caster and so on. 

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Cougarman said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:

some but not most. you see Grand Turismo and Forza has an automatic mode that lets make the game ease for casuals. They wont win online thats for sure...

I also dont think casuals would want to learn the mechanics of real racing games, PSi, Rebound, Tire Parts, Springs, Caster and so on. 

let me just ask you one simple question.

can casual get 3 stars in MKWii?