By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SaviorX thinks Kingdom Hearts III should be on the Wii exclusively

I'd prefer KH3 on PS3/360. I'd much rather have great HD graphics (better way to display the settings of the game and art style) over waggle controls. I'd say make a side story for Wii and make the main game for PS3/360.

Around the Network

It will be a Xbox/PS3 exclusive, just like Final Fantasy 13

Square Enix will do something with the Kingdom Heart license for the Wii, but unless it will be out for Wii HD, expect the main series to stay on the mainstream console.

I'm just saying...

RPGJock said:

Square Enix will do something with the Kingdom Heart license for the Wii, but unless it will be out for Wii HD, expect the main series to stay on the mainstream console.

This whole time I thought Wii was the mainstream console outselling both PS3 and 360 combined, I'm such a failure =(

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Soriku said:
RPGJock said:

This has got to be THE first time I've EVER heard someone say the PS3/360 were mainstream consoles.

Too slow I beat you to it =D

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Technically the Wii is only on 48.1% - so for the next 3 months the PS360 is the mainstream console

Around the Network

Technically when KH3 comes out the Wii will be over 50% and most likely around 60 to 70% by the time KH3 is even started.

badgenome said:
Wii "deserves" it. I'd agree with SaviorX that it fits the Wii's demographic better, and Square-Enix really haven't given the clear winner of this generation much support so far. IMO, they'd be crazy not to put it on the Wii.

That sums my thoughts up well. I think it's a better Wii game. Remember that the PS2 also had a strong, diverse, demographic.

Now my serious post.

Given that the game won't come out til 2010 at the earliest (it has not been announced and that's only 13 months away)

Given that people have to develop for either HD (that's PS3 and Xbox 360) or SD (that's Wii and PS2)

Given that the marketshare will be more than half Wii at that time

I would think one of three things likely.

1. Wii exclusive
2. HD release (PS3 and Xbox 360)
3. SD release (Wii and PS2)

It would have to be early 2010 for option 3 -- as more and more people abandon their older system.

It would have to be a surprise 2009 release for option1 -- we still aren't done with FF13, but here is something to play in the interim

That's why I think it will be Holiday 2010 on the Wii. They will release it before Crystal Bearers makes it out the door.

Of course, knowing the business sense that S-E has shown lately, it will get all psyched for an Xbox 360 release and Microsoft will drop the 720 to market.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

STEP 1: PS3 EXCLUSIVE
STEP 2: 360 PORT (4 DVDS)
STEP 3: DOWNGRADED VERSION FOR THE WII

Soriku said:
scottie said:
Technically the Wii is only on 48.1% - so for the next 3 months the PS360 is the mainstream console

You know, for competitive consoles people sure like to group them together :3

At some point in 2007 they stopped being separate entities and transcended into a single console simply known as "HD."

Strangely enough, this hasn't stopped the tantrums and meltdowns that result from multiplat or timed exclusive announcements. Strange indeed considering that they're the same console.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"