By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA Delayed til Q2 2008???

Nintendo has delayed Mario Kart Wii to next year just for this .Well ,they did it to avoid "starvation of titles " after their own words ,but right now they must be happy they have it then to counter GTAIV .

Around the Network

SSBB is in Europe in 2008.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

f*ck, why so long (((

first a couple things....

some people say 360 is too PC oriented.... didn't it come to your mind that it's exactly what they want ??? it's their market getting the PC users like me who are tired to upgrade their PC every 6 month with the last GPU to play the last game.... I mean beside really hardcore gamers now you don't have to do it because you have consoles like PS3 and 360... the difference is PS3 is targeting there old market from PS1 and 2 also... where 360 doesn't have an old market or at least the same as now.... also kidults who start their first job don't have time to follow the last PC innovation or don't want to spend the time for it and prefer something like 360 and eventually PS3.....
other possibility i have more and more people around me buying a MAC and a console now rather than just a PC.... more people are getting laptops too (mac/pc) and a console... that's also why MS is so PC style oriented

another point I hear too many people saying judging the quality of a line up is subjective, no it's not.... if you like the game or not is subjective not it's quality... I used to be a tester for a video game website before and had to test games I didn't like... I could point out their quality and I did put good grades to game I don't like.... so when I say a line up is better than an other one it means it contains more games which gonna get a good grade on most websites than an other one..... and that's facts not my personal feeling....

about MP8 I really think it's a bad one... with my friends when we chill we still play on the super nintendo one.. I don't remember which one it is.... talking about party games what's the feedback on viva pinata animal party ???

and yes WII is going to outsell the 2 other.. I could have told you that 2 month ago....

GTA 4 issue it's a good thing for the gamers and nintendo, a bad one for MS and Sony

Wii Fit will be launching in the early 2008 timeframe. While the PS3 and 360 are duking it out, Nintendo will be able expand unhindered into new territory.

Around the Network

One good point for MS is that now they have more time to let people know of the exclusive extra content for the 360 version.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
One good point for MS is that now they have more time to let people know of the exclusive extra content for the 360 version.

yeap I didn't think about that....

I wonder if this means the exclusive content will be pushed back even further into 2008 or would they consider releasing the first episode around the same time as the game?

well it was plan for srping.... so it's probably gonna be during summer or 4th quarter... which might be excellent if it's in 4th quarter

mrstickball said:
Wow, extreme crazyness.

There are a few issues/opinions:

#1. This pretty much seals the deal that the Wii will lead through December. Halo3 will do a bit better now for the year, but this'll probably cost the X360 and PS3 around 1m systems this year.

#2. Fortunately, both studios still have great great titles this year. This just means I have one less game to buy for now, which is a good thing.

#3. Can anyone please name a strong West-Centric Wii IP that's debuting in Feb-Apr next year to compete with GTAIV? If GTAIV changes to that date, during the strong s/w sales for March period, if Nintendo is just running on the laurels of SMG and SSBB, GTAIV might be able to steal their thunder in 2008 quite handily.

Mario Kart Wii online is set for that exact period. As for other titles in the period, we dont have any announcements yet. That doesnt mean they dont exist however, remember that MKWii came out of nowhere.