By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA Delayed til Q2 2008???

carlos710 said:
Killzone3 said:
carlos710 said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Quality wise the wii has the best lineup for me with the ps3 being clearly the worst.

But i guess everything you like is what everyone will like, right ?

Quality wise ps3s line up is a distant 5th, its worse then DS or PSP

I agree. Quality Wise the ps3 is a distant 5th for me as well.

Thats becuase your a Nintendo fanboy. There sorry if I offended you but its true.

@killzone3

Thats becuase your a sony fanboy. Again its true, No offense.

mM
Around the Network

@Diomedes1976 ,

So for u MGS4 will hit japan this winter ?

In a way, u re right, some MGS4 trailer diffused in Japan finished by :

"this winter" and not "early 2008"

But note that, winter 2007 will begin in december and will finish in "early 2008"

My opinion, winter = early 2008

Time to Work !

leo-j said:
rocketpig said:
Oh, and if we're to use E3 as a measuring stick of PS3 vs. 360... Here are the award-winners that release before 2008:

360 games:
-Halo 3
-Mass Effect
-Bioshock
-Virtua Fighter 5 (meh, already on PS3 but oh well)

PS3 games:
um... ah... er... well, there aren't any.

Multi-plats:
-Rock Band
-CoD4
-Assassin's Creed
-Burnout Paradise

While Uncharted and Heavenly Sword look good, what kind of numbers do you PS3 fans really expect them to put up? Despite being the end-all, be-all of gaming, the God of War series has not sold spectacularly and Heavenly Sword is in the same vein as the GoW series. GoWII sold about the same as KOTOR, the only difference being that the PS2 had a userbase the size of a European powerhouse while the Xbox had a userbase the size of a starving African nation amidst civil war.

Uncharted could be a sleeper but until more is known about it, I won't have much of an opinion on how it will sell. I don't expect R&C to do much. It might be a good game but I don't see it selling that well. Haze is another question mark.

Mass Effect will be this year's Oblivion and then some (due to the larger userbase and no PC version). It will be the Western RPG of the year, without a doubt. Bioware has proven they are in the elite RPG class with Bethesda. Bioshock keeps winning award after award. As its release nears, there is some serious hype building for this game. I think it could do 2m copies when all is said and done. Considering how it keeps mopping the floor with awards given by the people who have actually played the game, it should turn out just as good as it looks.

Overall, I just don't see how the PS3 is going to beat the 360 this holiday season. The 360 has more games, more award-winning games, a cheaper price, and a better library.

Im sorry but that was fanboyish.

How so? I listed the games that won awards at E3 and compared the systems with a bit of my own opinion mixed in. The numbers I used are valid... GoW ISN'T a system seller and while Heavenly Sword might do a little better due to the dearth of games in that genre, I don't see it appealing to huge numbers of gamers. I didn't have an opinion on Uncharted but thus far, it's one of the PS3 games that really excites me. But it's also too early for me to really say much about the game. The R&C series hasn't sold in huge numbers, even with the PS2 userbase.

Mass Effect should do at least 1.5 times the numbers of Oblivion, which would put it where? 2 million+ sold? That's pretty significant. And I think Bioshock will do well because of the last minute hype I see surrounding it. Just an opinion and I could be wrong but it's a valid opinion and hardly fanboyish.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Killzone3 said:

Cheeper yet still getting out sold ww by a consol in a software drought, yahh. 360 also has the ohh so popular Red Ring, gamers just love it.

Okami and Shadow of colossus won award after award, alot of good it did them. If your going by hype Heavenly Uncharted Ratchet are as hyped as Bioshock or Mass Effect.

Overall i dont see how 360 can win this holiday with it beiong a failure in any markets while barly out selling the PS3 in plenty others. Even with its much cheeper price and bigger line up already available (Gears Forza Trusty Blue Dragon) the 360 is getting out sold in

UK
France
Spain
Italy

^ that is 210 million pop, all major most wealthy Euro markets exept Germany.

Theres also Japan but every one knows the 360 is a failure there.

And now its getting out sold in the USA where the PS3 is still $200 more expensive then the cheepest 360 and still in a software drought.

So Double the price of the Core in some markets and doing it on the shoulders of Resistance and Motorstorm PS3 is out selling the 360!

You're comparing Okami & SoTC, two quirky games that only appealed to an extreme minority of gamers against a wildly hyped FPS and RPG? If you don't see the fault in that logic...

I love how PS3 are hyping the one week of sales after a price drop against 7 months of data previous to that... If the 360 Pro drops to $300 USD (which it will by the end of the year), sales should pick up considerably. The system is nearly two years old and still hasn't received its first price drop... It's not surprising to see stagnating sales right now.

BTW, half of the four games you listed (Gears, TB, BD, Forza) haven't even released in the markets you're talking about. So I guess that will only BOOST 360 sales in the EU during the holidays, right? Unless you have some way of explaining that away, too...

Awards mean nothing, just like oscars mean nothing to commercial succes of a movie thats what i ment. 3 weeks bud, another price cut this year you sure as hell dont know that for sure and it very unlikely.  Those games have been released in the markets they matter.

I understand its hard for you, but facts are the 360 is LOSING to a PS3 that is at its weekest.

Killzone3 said:

Awards mean nothing, just like oscars mean nothing to commercial succes of a movie thats what i ment. 3 weeks bud, another price cut this year you sure as hell dont know that for sure and it very unlikely.  Those games have been released in the markets they matter.

I understand its hard for you, but facts are the 360 is LOSING to a PS3 that is at its weekest.

Well, the price cut structure is from the guy who broke the IPTV rumor, the Falcon chipset rumor, and the Elite rumor. I think he's a pretty reliable source at this point.

But believe whatever you like, I don't care.

Oh, and awards are a pretty good indication of sales if they're in a wildly popular genre such as FPS or RPG, doubly so if they're a mainstream title such as Mass Effect. Unless you think that somehow Mass Effect will sell less than Oblivion, even though it doesn't release on PC simultaneously (Oblivion did) and that the 360 will have roughly four times the userbase it did when Oblivion launched.

I also find it funny that you call the PS3 "at its weekest (sic)", despite it receiving a $100 price cut two weeks ago.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Killzone3 said:

Awards mean nothing, just like oscars mean nothing to commercial succes of a movie thats what i ment. 3 weeks bud, another price cut this year you sure as hell dont know that for sure and it very unlikely. Those games have been released in the markets they matter.

Well, the price cut structure is from the guy who broke the IPTV rumor, the Falcon chipset rumor, and the Elite rumor. I think he's a pretty reliable source at this point.

But believe whatever you like, I don't care.

Oh, and awards are a pretty good indication of sales if they're in a wildly popular genre such as FPS or RPG. Unless you think that somehow Mass Effect will sell less than Oblivion, even though it doesn't release on PC simultaneously (Oblivion did) and that the 360 will have roughly four times the userbase it did when Oblivion launched.

I also find it funny that you call the PS3 "at its weekest (sic)", despite it receiving a $100 price cut two weeks ago.

Yahh rumors, facts are now.

Like the many fanboys cryed, its not really a price cut.

Some persons are so close-minded (Not sure if it's the right word), it's not even funny to discuss...............Relax ;)

One thing is sure however, you cannot compare a game like Super Mario Galaxy with Uncharted, it makes no sense. People that know nothing about video games can/will by SMG as a gift this Christmas, but this is very unlikely for Uncharted (New license that has everything to prove, known only by hardcore gamers on the Web...........parents don't buy these to their kids unless they are specifically asked to do so) In the end, there's no way that a game like that can compete with SMG in terms of sales.........Which doesn't mean it won't be an excellent game, maybe even better that SMG (It's not what I personaly think, but hey, who knows? Will see soon enough :) )

This really sucks. I just went in today and preordered the game. Not until I got home and read this did I know it was delayed... DAMN!!!

Hey. Im Chance. I like Nirvana. And my Wii.

Diomedes1976 said:
We are also forgetting Assasins Creed that should appear in november for both the PS3 and the 360 .

Look Carlitos ,the PS3 has for this fall games like

Call of Duty 4
Quake Wars
Uncharted
Unreal 3
Haze
Assasins Creed
Eye of Judgement
Folklore
Ratchet and Clank
Socom Confrontation
Rock Band
Guitar Hero III
Army of Two
Mercenaries 2
Medal of Honor Airborne
Singstar Lives
Blacksite Area 51
Timeshift
Little Big Planet
Stranglehold
NBA2k8
NHL 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 08 (that will sell millions of PS3 in Europe over the months )

And thats without counting the games that will arrive some time before as Lair ,Heavenly Sword ,Warhawk ,Colin Mc Rae Dirt or Madden 08 ...

Maybe you think that Mario Galaxy ,Mario Smash Bros and Mario and Sonic are a better lineup that the cited above ,but that only shows you are a fanboy Carlitos .

Both the 360 and the PS3 lineups are far more brilliant than the Wii one .Wii doesnt need to much to sell ,its low price and some casual things as Wii Sports are enough to sell the thing ,but from there to pretending convincing anyone that the Wii effectively has a better lineup is a leap of faith only someone crazed (literally ) by Mario can do .

What makes your opinion any better than carlos' opinion, Diomedescito?

Carlos may not give a damn about half those games, just like you don't give a damn about any of Nintendo's games, Diomedescito. That doesn't give you rights to belittle carlos like that, Diomedescito. 

Legend11 said:
The 360 still has some big games coming like:

Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Rock Band, Call of Duty 4, Ace Combat 6, Assassin's Creed, Virtua Fighter 5 Online, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Project Gotham Racing 4, Eternal Sonata, Half-Life 2: The Orange Box, etc...

And even some possible sleeper hits like:

Stranglehold, Two Worlds, Flatout: Ultimate Carnage, Clive Barker's Jericho, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Army of Two, Timeshift, Blacksite: Area 51, Mercenaries 2, F.E.A.R. Files, World in Conflict, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, etc..

That's not even counting the fact it's likely to have the best console version of Madden 08... So it's not like the 360 has nothing except Halo 3 coming out, it still has a very good lineup of medium hits.

Splinter Cell isn't coming out this year. And with the rate games are getting delayed, I'm sure at least a few others won't as well. And it's amusing to see PS3 folks list half those same games as PS3 games whereas "360 only has Halo 3" and then 360 folks turn around and do the exact same thing. Really none of you can make a complete objective list of 2007 games for each console?

Xeo_842 said:
jammy2211 said:
I mean look at the sales of Mario Party 8, it's almost at 1.5 million now, and that game was released in the summer. It just shows that quality isn't the biggest factor in selling a game.

So your saying MP8 doesn't have good quality?

HE isn't the one saying that, Mario Party 8 has a Metascore of freaking 64, so although a few Wii fanboys may like the game, obviously it "doesn't have good quality." That is just the reality of the situation, learn to accept it.

carlos710 said:

Diomedes1976 said:
We are also forgetting Assasins Creed that should appear in november for both the PS3 and the 360 .

Look Carlitos ,the PS3 has for this fall games like

Call of Duty 4
Quake Wars
Uncharted
Unreal 3
Haze
Assasins Creed
Eye of Judgement
Folklore
Ratchet and Clank
Socom Confrontation
Rock Band
Guitar Hero III
Army of Two
Mercenaries 2
Medal of Honor Airborne
Singstar Lives
Blacksite Area 51
Timeshift
Little Big Planet
Stranglehold
NBA2k8
NHL 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 08 (that will sell millions of PS3 in Europe over the months )

And thats without counting the games that will arrive some time before as Lair ,Heavenly Sword ,Warhawk ,Colin Mc Rae Dirt or Madden 08 ...

So your way to argue against facts is listing multiplatform games and calling me a "fanboy". I guess this is why the ps3 is being promoted as a movie player that also happens to play games in some regions.

---

This dismissal of 20+ games just by calling them all "multiplatform games" is getting really old.  I think we need two separate terms: multiplatform for games that are coming to all three platforms, like Madden 2008, and dual-platform for games that are only coming to TWO platforms and NOT to all three platforms, like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4.  

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick