By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA Delayed til Q2 2008???

Killzone3 said:
carlos710 said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Quality wise the wii has the best lineup for me with the ps3 being clearly the worst.

But i guess everything you like is what everyone will like, right ?

Quality wise wiis line up is a distant 5th, its worse then DS or PSP

Actually the Wii's line up is the best, with the PS3 in 6th (behind GBA).

Now do you see how pointless this debate is?

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
jman8 said:

Whoa whoa! holy bombshell, batman! When was this announced?

I can't believe a lot of you Wii fans are totally underestimating GH3 and Rock Band. Have you all seen the sales numbers on this very site for GH2 and 80s?

Um, GH3 is coming to Wii.

Holy bombhell, I'm an ass! I must've been thinkin about Rock Band. For the record, Guitar Hero is coming to Wii, and i'm an ass.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I wouldn't discount Rock Band coming to Wii either. The CEO of Harmonix said 'absolutely' when asked about a Wii version.

melbye said:
Seriously Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros Brawl will outsell and outscore everything else on reviews this christmas-season

Yeah because as we know Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Rock Band were the majority of the critics' favorites at E3 but there's no chance in hell that they'll score anywhere near Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Brawl right?

I think GH3 is sort of irellevent, it's coming out for PS2 so surely anyone who likes it has no real reason to buy a new console to play it? :/.

As for Rock Band, it is coming to the Wii in 2008 (CEO of Harmonixer said so / IGN podcast). The time exclusive will obviously help Ps3 / 360, but are people really going to spend $600 to play virtual instruments, when you could buy a real drum kit, guitar, bass and microphone for less? :/.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I wouldn't discount Rock Band coming to Wii either. The CEO of Harmonix said 'absolutely' when asked about a Wii version.

It may come to the Wii but it's extremely unlikely it'll be this year.

FishyJoe said:

Yeah, it probably will eventually. But it hasn't been announced yet, so I highly doubt it'll come out this holiday.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jammy2211 said:
I think GH3 is sort of irellevent, it's coming out for PS2 so surely anyone who likes it has no real reason to buy a new console to play it? :/.

As for Rock Band, it is coming to the Wii in 2008 (CEO of Harmonixer said so / IGN podcast). The time exclusive will obviously help Ps3 / 360, but are people really going to spend $600 to play virtual instruments, when you could buy a real drum kit, guitar, bass and microphone for less? :/.

Yeah, I highly doubt many people are gonna buy every Rock Band instrument. But at least for me, the beauty of the game is that it's really 2 or 3 games in one. I'm planning on buying the game and guitar at first, and then down the road getting the drums when i'm tired of the guitar. I suspect a good number of people have a similar plan.

My Top 5:

All this 'distant 5th' crap is just trollish nonsense.

I'm sorry but what defines 'strongest' when someone says it is the 'strongest' lineup, in which area is it strong?

I don't necessarily agree that the Wii isn't the strongest lineup... to me 'strongest' simply means who is going to win Christmas.

For me, there are only a few games out of the entire list on Wii that I want the most, the rest is all PC based and for me personally I'm in for a great christmas.

But arguing that something is stronger than something else because that is your opinion on what type of games you like you is pointless because people will never agree.

Someone said Saving Private Ryan is a better movie than Pirates of the Carribbean... I don't agree I like Pirates better, but I also like Saving Private Ryan.

Strongest used to be able how strong the platform would be and how much it would control the marketplace, but now it doesn't mean that any more because Wii is just going to sell anyway? That's rubbish.

jman8 said:
jammy2211 said:

Yeah, I highly doubt many people are gonna buy every Rock Band instrument. But at least for me, the beauty of the game is that it's really 2 or 3 games in one. I'm planning on buying the game and guitar at first, and then down the road getting the drums when i'm tired of the guitar. I suspect a good number of people have a similar plan.

Yeah, but in terms of selling consoles people are still looking at $400+ to play fake instuments.

I'm not saying it'll sell bad or anything, just that I think  when you consider the costs involved to the consumer it's never going to sell many systems, especially when they can get GHIII on their PS2 for around $30 if they owned the previous one.

I guess it's a question of how hardcore / casual the GH fanbase is. I really think most of them will happily take GHIII as enough, even if they wanted Rock Band.