By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA Delayed til Q2 2008???

WOW!!! I got drunk and didn't come around for a day and the shit hit the fan...

it IS NOT a bad thing that the most highly anticipated game(arguably) is delayed to make it better, it will actually help other games that might have been overlooked, like Assassins Creed.

also, why in the hell are we talking about Mario Party in a GTA thread?

Around the Network
vizunary said:
WOW!!! I got drunk and didn't come around for a day and the shit hit the fan...

it IS NOT a bad thing that the most highly anticipated game(arguably) is delayed to make it better, it will actually help other games that might have been overlooked, like Assassins Creed.

also, why in the hell are we talking about Mario Party in a GTA thread?

Becuase they cant talk about it in another thread, the game was delayed since they couldnt finish the game.

mM
leo-j said:

Wait first of e3 awards, what site did you get that from xbox.com or sometin?

Awards for e3 07:gametrailers

LBP best online

LBP best new game

LBP most innovative

I got it from Game Critics, a list of awards voted on by about 40 of the biggest game outlets in the country.

Nice try, though.

Here's a list of who voted:

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/2007publications2.jpg

Oh, notice that Game Trailers is one of the outlets that voted. Besides, if you actually READ my post, I was only including games releasing this year. The argument was about the holiday season, after all. 2008 doesn't factor into this debate, hence my leaving out LBP.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The game isn't being delayed to make it better.

"The reason it is being delayed," said Zelnick, "is almost strictly technological problems... Not problems, but challenges."

They are going to far like with every GTA game, that means lots of problems to fix at the end. Just hope thet fix em, previous GTA games always had some annoying issues.

Around the Network
Killzone3 said:
They are going to far like with every GTA game, that means lots of problems to fix at the end. Just hope thet fix em, previous GTA games always had some annoying issues.

What kind of problems? They certainly had their fair share of minor glitches and all, but annoying issues?

What's even crazier is that Take2 didn't make the decision to delay it until the day before they announced earnings. The same day the former CEO plead guilty to fraud ironically. This company seems almost as shady as their games.

Wow, extreme crazyness.

There are a few issues/opinions:

#1. This pretty much seals the deal that the Wii will lead through December. Halo3 will do a bit better now for the year, but this'll probably cost the X360 and PS3 around 1m systems this year.

#2. Fortunately, both studios still have great great titles this year. This just means I have one less game to buy for now, which is a good thing.

#3. Can anyone please name a strong West-Centric Wii IP that's debuting in Feb-Apr next year to compete with GTAIV? If GTAIV changes to that date, during the strong s/w sales for March period, if Nintendo is just running on the laurels of SMG and SSBB, GTAIV might be able to steal their thunder in 2008 quite handily.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

+1 for mrstickball

Time to Work !

mrstickball said:
Wow, extreme crazyness.

There are a few issues/opinions:

#1. This pretty much seals the deal that the Wii will lead through December. Halo3 will do a bit better now for the year, but this'll probably cost the X360 and PS3 around 1m systems this year.

#2. Fortunately, both studios still have great great titles this year. This just means I have one less game to buy for now, which is a good thing.

#3. Can anyone please name a strong West-Centric Wii IP that's debuting in Feb-Apr next year to compete with GTAIV? If GTAIV changes to that date, during the strong s/w sales for March period, if Nintendo is just running on the laurels of SMG and SSBB, GTAIV might be able to steal their thunder in 2008 quite handily.
I can't think of one, but Nintendo has mostly been hush-hush about 2008's line up for the most part, including 3rd party games...so something might get announced within the next few months.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"