By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So 1up/egm are not anti PS3 in their reviews ?

DonWii said:
And Shadowrun got low reviews. Whats your point?

BTW, you can't spell.

Yes and it was full price, Warhawk is NOT.

dont care.

Around the Network
Killzone3 said:
Kasz216 said:
Killzone3 said:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161677

"Lead reviewer (and former OPM editor) Joe Rybicki actually placed a note in his review to EGM Reviews Editor Greg Ford that his score should be dropped a whole point if the price was announced above $30, and the other reviewers have expressed concern over how they should judge the game."

How is that biased? Shouldn't be games be reviewed based on their price? I mean otherwise all PSN, Virtual Console and Xbox Arcade games wouldn't score any higher then a 5. They're pretty much saying Warhawk is a great budget game... but a pretty crappy full price game. I'm sure RE4 Wii edition would of dropped just as much is it were full price instead of a budget game.

Online only Shadorun costs 59.99

Warhawk with a bluetooth headset costs 59.99

Warhaw is NOt a full price game. 

Yeah and that is what they are saying.  If they charge more then 30 dollars for it without the headseat.  Which would be in the realm of a full priced game the review should be droped since it's not worth that price.  Did you read the article you posted?  Considering the price of the headset it's about a 20 dollar game.  If they charge over 30 dollars. (A 150% increase which is reasonable) they are charging too much.  If it's a 40 dollar game alone that's crazy.

For example Wii Play wouldn't be anywhere near worth it if they sold it by itself for 30 dollars and should be crushed if that was the case with lower review scores.  For it's price though it's average. 

So basicly if mario galaxy is supposed to get a 10/10 its price will drop it to a 9/10? Its the same situation.

mM

By the way 1up gave Shadowrun 8/10 even with a full price of 59.99

Killzone3 said:

And its average is around 68%.  What's your point?

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Killzone3 said:

And its average is around 68%. What's your point?

They are bias thats the point.

Its ok i did not expect any better from vgc.

leo-j said:
So basicly if mario galaxy is supposed to get a 10/10 its price will drop it to a 9/10? Its the same situation.

Pretty much.  If Mario was going to get a 10/10 and then suddenly instead of making it a full priced game they decided to charge $70 for it it would likely get a reduced score.

Killzone3 said:
twesterm said:
Killzone3 said:

They are bias thats the point.Yet

Yet Egm gave it a 6.67

Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:

Pretty much. If Mario was going to get a 10/10 and then suddenly instead of making it a full priced game they decided to charge $70 for it it would likely get a reduced score.

Does it have online, nope then even if its normal price it should get -1 

Its not a full game. 

Killzone3 said:
twesterm said:
Killzone3 said:

They are bias thats the point.

It could also just be a different reviewer that didn't factor in price. Gamespy gave Shadowrun a 2.0 where one of the gripes was the price. OMG BIASED!!!

They do in fact mention the price in their review for Shadowrun and perhaps that was the game that finally made them start factoring that in. They could have finally got tired of people charging too much for games and this is what they're doing about it. Personally, I'll be happy if they start sticking it to developers for charging too much and might just make me respect 1up a little bit more.

-edit-
My BBC was showing >_>