By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So 1up/egm are not anti PS3 in their reviews ?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161677

"Lead reviewer (and former OPM editor) Joe Rybicki actually placed a note in his review to EGM Reviews Editor Greg Ford that his score should be dropped a whole point if the price was announced above $30, and the other reviewers have expressed concern over how they should judge the game."

Around the Network

People complain about Wii prices for some games like big Brain Academy (and rightfully so) so why do you care if they complain the price of a PS3 game?

Killzone3 said:

"Lead reviewer (and former OPM editor) Joe Rybicki actually placed a note in his review to EGM Reviews Editor Greg Ford that his score should be dropped a whole point if the price was announced above $30, and the other reviewers have expressed concern over how they should judge the game."

How is that biased?  Shouldn't be games be reviewed based on their price?  I mean otherwise all PSN, Virtual Console and Xbox Arcade games wouldn't score any higher then a 5.  They're pretty much saying Warhawk is a great budget game... but a pretty crappy full price game.  I'm sure RE4 Wii edition would of dropped just as much is it were full price instead of a budget game.

Does anyone else see Killzone3 walking the fateful same steps of Soriku?

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

Maverick Hunter Z said:
Does anyone else see Killzone3 walking the fateful same steps of Soriku?

so your gonna post the same retarded crap in every thread.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Killzone3 said:

How is that biased? Shouldn't be games be reviewed based on their price? I mean otherwise all PSN, Virtual Console and Xbox Arcade games wouldn't score any higher then a 5. They're pretty much saying Warhawk is a great budget game... but a pretty crappy full price game. I'm sure RE4 Wii edition would of dropped just as much is it were full price instead of a budget game.

Online only Shadorun costs 59.99

Warhawk with a bluetooth headset costs 59.99

Warhaw is NOt a full price game. 

So... They are saying that, if it is priced high, they should lower the review, because it would mean that people would not be getting their money's worth on the game.

Seems reasonable.

Killzone3 said:
Kasz216 said:
Killzone3 said:

How is that biased? Shouldn't be games be reviewed based on their price? I mean otherwise all PSN, Virtual Console and Xbox Arcade games wouldn't score any higher then a 5. They're pretty much saying Warhawk is a great budget game... but a pretty crappy full price game. I'm sure RE4 Wii edition would of dropped just as much is it were full price instead of a budget game.

Online only Shadorun costs 59.99

Warhawk with a headset costs 59.99

And from what I remember, people dinged shadowrun for its price.

-edit-
And if Warhawk is anything like Shadowrun or Big Brain Academy, I completely agree that a hedaset isn't enough to justify a $60 price tag.  Shadowrun and BBA were both great games, but even with a headset, they shouldn't have been more than $40.

And Shadowrun got low reviews. Whats your point?

BTW, you can't spell.

Looks pretty valid and fair to me, I don't really see the problem.