By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So 1up/egm are not anti PS3 in their reviews ?

Bleh PS3 fans spend so much time talking up the supposed Wii bias and flaming about it that when they get banned for it (Comments like this: 'Do it for Nination, some one does not agree with their wii fascism.' do deserve a ban if spammed through the board) all the other PS3 fans of their ilk (Note; not all PS3 fans, there are plenty like Cklmb and Leo who are damned good members) take it as more evidence of Wii bias.

How can this vicious cycle end?
[/offtopic]

Price should always be a factor, there is such a thing as a bloody good game for the price. Downloadable games with a lower price cannot be judged on the same scale as a full scale disk game, otherwise they would perpetually get low scores. So therefore a comment that if it is released at full price the score will go down is valid as it stops being a low price game and starts being a full price game thus the scale its measured on must change too.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I dunno...you guys want a ban? I want a ban...

I support you in this case!

This forum is goin to be a better place without Killzone3 and AllAll!

And no, I'm not part of the global anti-ps3 conpiration.

ckmlb said:
If the only debate is whether Sony is making more money than they should on this title, then both Nintendo and MS have done the same in the past and it wasn't brought up as a major issue.

Does anyone think that Mario Galaxy and Big Brain Academy on the Wii both being priced as full price 50 dollar games makes sense?

Obviously Nintendo has overpriced Big Brain if you start arguing about if what's in the game is worth the price.

The issue is dropping the score of a game that is supposed to be based on the quality of the game because of its price.

This shouldn't be done.

Big Brain absolutely was docked because of its price.

Games should have their reviews docked for price reasons. Reviewing SuperStarDust, as an example, under the same precepts as Metal Gear Solid 4 would be totally unfair. You must take price in to account. If price wasn't taken in to account, every downloadable game and every handheld game would never, ever be capable of getting high scores. 

That's my opinion, you're welcome to yours.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">