By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto doesn't like Haze's drug focus.

Kasz216 said:
ckmlb said:
naznatips said:
ckmlb said:

However, a game that has an E rating can appeal to adults too. For example: Wii Sports, Viva Pinata, and Mario. These are games that anyone can play, and that's what Miyamoto appreciates. He wants games that appeal to adults and children, not one or the other exclussively, and I believe in this respect he has been largely successful. If anyone really thinks Mario Galaxy is just a kids game, I pity them.

While M rated games do appeal exclusively to older players, not all E or T rated games appeal to a younger audience.

For example Zelda or Metroid would probably not appeal to younger players because they are too complex in puzzles and whatnot for kids to figure out.

This was a problem for a game like Viva Pinata which was supposed to be for kids but it has seriously so much going on at a time that there is no way a kid can play that and not have their head explode :)

M rated games appeal exclusively to older players? The guy who seems most pumped about Mature games is Leo-j who is apparently younger then 15. That's about the age M stuff appealed the most to me as well.

Mature games can appeal to older players, but honestly are going to appeal the most to the younger teen demographic.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/science.ars/2007/07/03/new-survey-shows-that-kids-like-games-rated-m-for-mature
http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=070507_8

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
ckmlb said:
naznatips said:
ckmlb said:

However, a game that has an E rating can appeal to adults too. For example: Wii Sports, Viva Pinata, and Mario. These are games that anyone can play, and that's what Miyamoto appreciates. He wants games that appeal to adults and children, not one or the other exclussively, and I believe in this respect he has been largely successful. If anyone really thinks Mario Galaxy is just a kids game, I pity them.

While M rated games do appeal exclusively to older players, not all E or T rated games appeal to a younger audience.

For example Zelda or Metroid would probably not appeal to younger players because they are too complex in puzzles and whatnot for kids to figure out.

This was a problem for a game like Viva Pinata which was supposed to be for kids but it has seriously so much going on at a time that there is no way a kid can play that and not have their head explode :)

M rated games appeal exclusively to older players?  The guy who seems most pumped about Mature games is Leo-j who is apparently younger then 15.   That's about the age M stuff appealed the most to me as well.

Mature games can appeal to older players, but honestly are going to appeal the most to the younger teen demographic.

Your correct, I am 14, and rated M games appeal to me the most.

mM
ckmlb said:

While M rated games do appeal exclusively to older players...

Haha good one ck, good one :')

It's a fact that most teenagers get all excited with stuff for mature audiences, be it movies, magazines, music, cigarettes, alcohol or in this case videogames.

How can you explain that there's the idea of asking ID when buying M-rated games? If these games only appealed to older players, this wouldn't be necessary.

And I'm not making this up, I have a 12 years old cousin that has a PS2, and guess what games he has? Manhunt, GTA, Driver, Splinter Cell, Resident Evil and Killzone... all of them pirate copies of course. 

Miyamoto is a stupid dumb fuck who should go kill himself.

Kasz216 said:
ckmlb said:
naznatips said:
ckmlb said:

This was a problem for a game like Viva Pinata which was supposed to be for kids but it has seriously so much going on at a time that there is no way a kid can play that and not have their head explode :)

M rated games appeal exclusively to older players?  The guy who seems most pumped about Mature games is Leo-j who is apparently younger then 15.   That's about the age M stuff appealed the most to me as well.

So true. Not to generalize, but kids at this impressionable age want to play what they think the big boys are playing. They are too cool to play kiddie games with bright colors and characters that don't bleed.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network
benlikesanal said:

Nice...congrats on your future ban.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Is that directed at me...? I didn't ban anybody recently...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

benlikesanal said:

Talking about mature people  

I would be surprised if Miyamoto DID like Haze's drug focus

True fighters don't wear socks.

Hehe. You should see the video of him watching it...he looked either confused or just disinterested.

People should stop ragging on Miyamoto...not every developer has to make a shooter.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )