By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto doesn't like Haze's drug focus.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-56299.aspx

So hes to blame for nintendos lack of mature games.

Around the Network

Shigeru Miyamoto is a champion, every game he delivers should be treated like the Olympic flame.

That's because Miyamoto san doesn't need to resort to sex, drugs, or gratuitous violence to make an excellent game.

Not his type of game, as simple as that.

Killzone3 said:

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-56299.aspx

So hes to blame for nintendos lack of mature games.

Lack of Nintedo first party mature games.  But considering how much 3rd partys flock to it who cares?  Nintendos got enougn mature games coming.

Besides most "mature" titles tend to lack a lot of creativeness and generally are a lost less mature then games that arn't rated mature.

Around the Network

I agree some of Miyamoto's notions are somewhat naive, but there's no arguing the man is the most important person in gaming alive right now.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

kudos to him for sticking to what he thinks is right instead of cashing into the desires of others to make a cheap buck like most game makers do :)

I have a lot less respect for people who say "don't take drugs & steal" to their children then go out and make a game glorifying it.

"You don't need to kill to have fun" you can quote me on that.

Personally I find massive amounts of blood and gore pretty off putting in games, Quake 3 and RE4 is about as much as I like, but there were bits in Q4 that I found really disturbing everyone has there own tastes.

If all games had people being tortured or self-abuse in them there would be a lot less gamers out there.

I'm glad Miyamoto only makes games he likes, he puts all his skills and talents into them with a real passion he simply couldn't do that with something he was unhappy with.

He is an artist. Art comes from the heart. That is what makes his games so good.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Kasz216 said:

Besides most "mature" titles tend to lack a lot of creativeness and generally are a lost less mature then games that arn't rated mature.

EXACTLY! If one thing about the gaming world bothers me, it's that people seem to think that "Mature game = mature gamer".

"Mature" is a poor categorization for violent, bloody, sex-ridden, foul-mouthed games. A truly "mature" gamer is someone who can play those games, sure, and not leave scarred, but would likely prefer something a little less "raw", something that relies on stylism and creativity to make itself look appeasing, instead of crudeness.

The only people I've ever seen care about whether a game's "mature" or not are high-school kids who want to be cool, and college-age kids who think they're cool.

SW-5120-1900-6153

yeah, so lets use a a wiimote peripheral that is a gun and shoot things......and while we are at it, lets innovate the wiimote into large clippers to cut somones head off.......this is one of the few times miyamoto has needed to take his foot out of his mouth. Especially considering the basis for mario revolves around the use of "mushrooms" to alter your "appearence" Its a videogame, keep making games and tons of cash and shut up.

I completely agree with Kasz216, and I will add no more to that

BUT, i'll also add what others have already said, there wouldn't be [mature] games like the ones we have today, without Miyamoto revitalising the industry