By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Official) Nintendo® is now known as Nintendo®

Seem the disruption process id already in fruiton. Just wait till 2009, this logo is just not for aesthetic. Most companies change their logo for a reason.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I like the old one more

Madanial said:
Maybe it's mean they won't try to stick on Mario as a company's sign anymore ,Ninty may try to do something different....?

Sign of new IP?

Metroid survival horror? steam punk Zelda? New FPS  IP?

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Or the new ip has already been revealed, Wii games.

mM
leo-j said:
Or the new ip has already been revealed, Wii games.

thats before the logo change even Wii Sports resort introduced before the logo change

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

Screw that... I have always known Nintendo for having the red logo... this new "gray" logo represents the new, casual friendly Nintendo and not the Nintendo we all grew up with and love.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

lol. What? I like the red Nintendo logo. It's on the front of all my Nintendo games, and I like it that way. Gray is lame.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Lame--the Red Logo is what I've associated with them since the NES.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
HappySqurriel said:

Although this sounds silly ...

Years ago I read that the two most important things for people to identify a logo were the (basic) shape and its color, and that a person could process a familiar logo in far less time than they could read a word.

I'm going to school for design, and that's absolutely right. They teach us to limit a logo to simple shapes and 1 or 2 colors.

The reasoning is people have a hard time remembering little details. By keeping it simple, its impact on the viewer is actually greater than that of a complex design. This makes it much easier for a person to associate the company/product with the logo.

That looks better. :P