By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nikkei Shimbun: Japan's Gaming Industry decline (esp. Konami, SE, Tecmo)

OP: you really bealive the only way to get trough this is to support Nintendo? Obviously somebody havent seen the software sales charts lately ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
OP: you really bealive the only way to get trough this is to support Nintendo? Obviously somebody havent seen the software sales charts lately ;)

Obviously you don't know EA's financial situation, and how Ubishit are surviving (swimming in money) during this economically rough-age.

Soriku said:
Oh.

Japanese gaming isn't in it's hottest period though.

It's a shame genres like RPGs aren't doing so well as they used to in the West though. There are some exceptions like LO and ToS: DotNW is doing pretty godo so far (doing better than ToV) but overall nothing huge really good.

Only JRPGs, because MMORPGs and WRPGs are doing better than ever. Wrath of the Lich king sold 2.8 millions in just 24 hours, for example.

I think it's obvious that the Japanese game industry is in a recession of sorts. People may be buying systems, but very few games sell well nowadays. I think the people are more conservative in that they will tend to stick with their older systems and games... That is, until truly unique games gather attention.

Traditional games have an increasingly smaller market, I think.

The BuShA owns all!