By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

sad days for my PS3, but then I never brought into the hype that the PS3 woul dof caught the Xbox 360.
I watched a kid ask his Mum for a PS3 to play Call of Duty 5, and the shop owner said to the parent,
WHY WASTE TWICE YOUR MONEY ON A PS3, WHEN YOU CAN HAVE THE 360 AT HALF THE PRICE?..
the kid wasn't bothered, he just wanted to play the game, and the Mother saved £140.
these are the times we are living when nobody cares about what Bluray or the Cell can do. they only want value for money. which I have to agree the PS3 isn't.

Around the Network
Gohan said:
sad days for my PS3, but then I never brought into the hype that the PS3 woul dof caught the Xbox 360.
I watched a kid ask his Mum for a PS3 to play Call of Duty 5, and the shop owner said to the parent,
WHY WASTE TWICE YOUR MONEY ON A PS3, WHEN YOU CAN HAVE THE 360 AT HALF THE PRICE?..
the kid wasn't bothered, he just wanted to play the game, and the Mother saved £140.
these are the times we are living when nobody cares about what Bluray or the Cell can do. they only want value for money. which I have to agree the PS3 isn't.

The PS3 is still good value for those who want an entertainment center with Blu-Ray. The problem is that most of the people who fall in this category probably already have a PS3 or a standalone Blu-Ray player.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Shit are those numbers for real if so thats insane for Ds Wii and 360, ps3 is good but nowhere near 360. 360 has done really well and this holiday i think they it can sell over 1 million on the week before christmas.

NJ5 said:
Gohan said:

The PS3 is still good value for those who want an entertainment center with Blu-Ray. The problem is that most of the people who fall in this category probably already have a PS3 or a standalone Blu-Ray player.

blueray player at walmart after thanksgiving 130 dollars so no need to buy a 400 dollar ps3. besides normally a BR is costing around 250-300 now much cheaper then a ps3 without the hassle of buying 60 dollar games. the 360 is now in the right spot this xmas to help eliminate the ps3 from any chance at making 2nd place and solidify its place as first to worst in the console industry.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

@scorptile: True, I should have said "an entertainment center with Blu-Ray and Sony's games".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Tbone said:
Shit are those numbers for real if so thats insane for Ds Wii and 360, ps3 is good but nowhere near 360. 360 has done really well and this holiday i think they it can sell over 1 million on the week before christmas.

if the ps3 can sell 1 million then the 360 and wii can sell 2 million on 360 and 4 million for wii. i say 4 for wii cause last year the saturday before xmas the wii in one day sold 2 million easily.

NJ5 said:
@scorptile: True, I should have said "an entertainment center with Blu-Ray and Sony's games".

yup kewl but still none the less the ps3 without a pricedrop this xmas is gonna be in serious trouble and watch teh xbox360a nd wii mop up the ones that usually wait 2 - 3 years to get a new console. which starts on friday i expect at minumin next week the wii to sell roughly 2 million wii's world wide well right around that

scorptile said:
Tbone said:

if the ps3 can sell 1 million then the 360 and wii can sell 2 million on 360 and 4 million for wii. i say 4 for wii cause last year the saturday before xmas the wii in one day sold 2 million easily.

Maybe u should read it again i said 360 not ps3.

I guess all of those bundles and the price drop have kick started M$ this Holiday Season. All around looks like decent #'s for everyone but outstanding for Nintendo and to some degree M$. I wish we had a COD:WaW bundle over here in the states, I would buy it for my sister and keep the game for myself! :D

I just got my 360 back from servicing, and I am very impressed with the new NXE features. I have been streaming the first season of Friday Night Lights (HD) and have had no issues. I think this feature alone will sell some consoles over here in the states. I wish they would open something like this up over in EU for you chaps as well. It really is a very nice feature.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

MS is definitely benefitting from the "price cut recency" effect, just like how the PS3 benefitted from it last Christmas.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here