naznatips said:
Killzone3 said:
sieanr said:
Rundown of EGMs complaints, because people think its just the controls

Confusing objectives
Awful targeting
Bad camera on ground
Big levels that are confined to a small invisible wall

And one reviewer complained how completely generic and unoriginal the title is, stating that they let go of star wars to create a LOTR ripoff.

egm are morons, so half that is probably great but they are to stupid to see it.

Confusing objectives, so they want it to be liner to be spoon fed the whole game. Awful targeting, its a freaking Dragon did the expect a hud and radar like in Ace combat.

Yeah, becuase we are all just itching to believe a pair of fanboys over a respected gaming publication on the quality of a game which they haven't even played.

Uhh, everything I posted was what EGM said in their review. So I don't really see how I'm asking you to take my word on a game I've never played, even though its a game I will play come september.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:
Uhh, everything I posted was what EGM said in their review. So I don't really see how I'm asking you to take my word on a game I've never played, even though its a game I will play come september.

Naz was talking about believing Killzone (and guys like him) over EGM, not you.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

I can see the light Classic control scheme most wonted. On the other hand delayes are always annoying... anyway Madden has more room right now...

It feels like we've been stringed along for 7 months with news that Lair is just around the corner. I remember when Sony released their Q2 games list and people were expecting to see Lair in April, but it wasn't even on the list. "It must be a mistake." "maybe they're waiting for July 1 to help Q3."

I think Heavenly Sword will be delayed too. Definitely there won't be two big games on September 4th. Two weeks minimum... maybe more.

I don't believe there were major control issues. They realized some people want classic controls. Personally I'm glad they delayed this game to provide some improvements.

Around the Network

Two reasons for the delay:

It was coming out the same day as Madden so retail would have been packing the stores with that and Lair would have gotten less attention.

And, hopefully, they are going to add traditional controls to the game, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I had actually hoped for the game that they were going to add classic controls when I first heard of the delays, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it wasn't going to happen.

If they really are just adding classic controls recently because of some reviews, it tells me two things:
1) the controls aren't great. Sure, some people loved them and picked them up, but they aren't good enough so that no major concerns arise.
2) the classic controls will be tacked on and unpolished. They *might* get it right first try, but that is incredibly unlikely since almost nothing is ever right first try. I would rather have polished motion controls that are a hit or miss than bad classic controls.

I really am thinking they delayed just for the reasons they said they did.

ckmlb said:

It was coming out the same day as Madden so retail would have been packing the stores with that and Lair would have gotten less attention.

And, hopefully, they are going to add traditional controls to the game, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

1. It sucks
2. They're trying to make it not suck

Why are the Wii fans so down on the motion controls?

That's right, because it is not a Wii game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

The six axis in driving and flying around feels better and reacts better than the wii mote, cuz I have tried it. I still dont get why sony didnt put 512mb ram on each of the two chips, they put 256mb instead, causing hard work to achieve 60fps. Heavenly sword was delayed for sept 12, this is becuase of not the game but the release, this is a little smart, halo 3 comes out late sept and two big blockbuster ps3 games come out earlier in the same month.

mM