By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair delayed untill september

EGM probably reviewed a near-gold version. That is why they decided to go ahead with the delay. Had they reviewed a 4 month old version, the review would have come out earlier...

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Domination starts in...September?

smartass =p

^Can't blame him though... It HAS been delayed since June.

Edit: It has been delayed since March, though this one is according to a minority of PS3 fanatics.

I doubt anythings going to change in the game in 3 weeks. It's probably a production issue rather than a product issue.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Around the Network

gitanil and others...they state EXACTLY why the game is delayed...online features, thats all.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

This is assuredly in response to bad reviews and control issues. There is no chance in hell they delayed this due to the stated reasons since all those things could be, in theory, patched. Not to mention that I'd imagine doing this after the game has gone gold would be far more costly than rolling out an update, even if its kinda large.

Now how will this affect sales?

In august it was going up against Madden as the big title on the PS3. September still has Heavenly Sword, right? If so, this could hurt the game, provided it really is some minor tweaks and HS gets good to great reviews.

Not to mention it could get lost in the Halo 3 hype for the people on the next gen fence.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Heavenly sword will be better than god of war!!!!!!!!!! Sorry had to get that out of ma system. Also like to add that if they add stick controls the score would jump from a 5.5 to a 7.5 :P

mM

Yeah, the hype for Halo is likely to start in September, so it may get hurt a little. HS presence may hurt it sales too. But who knows. That extra time may be given so that it doesnpt suck..that much XP

@leo

Could jump. Controls were not the only thing wrong with the game.