By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumors of PGR4 being limited by DVD are false

I really dont know why a compressed racing game wont fit on a 9gb disc?

mM
Around the Network
endimion said:
first link doesn't work with me

sorry, dont know why it wont work but im not getting it either.  on kotaku go to the search and type in pgr4.  sort by date and it should be near the top.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

wangfoo said:
endimion said:
^ no idea why because as far as i'm concern the future for everybody is massive HDD with internet connection to DL or stream datas....

in the future you'll have a 120" touch screen rolable TV, with cell chips or else in it, with a massive HDD, an optical connection (very high speed wirerless connection).... you'll be able to make your phone calls on it in video conferencing format if you want, surf the web answer your mail.... ask by voice for the music you want, same for movies, you'll be able to DL your games and all that with automatic debit from your account... hell you might even be able to watch terminator 15 on side of the screen while you play at Final Fantasy 50 on the other side and order you weekly errands at your local mart at the same time....

not now but it will come..... CD/DVD/HDDVD are the crapiest format... they have so short life expectencie..... hell I have still old disket of windows 3.1 working.... the HDD is the future and that's it.... a small 1 To HDD that's what's the future :)

Been watching Back to the Future 2?

i have seen the movie, but I wasn't thinking about that at that moment... we already have all the technologies more or less developed... we just have to find a way to pu them together in a compact way.... when you see what was a computer 50 years ago and what it is now... when you see internet 18 years ago and what it is now... and how expodential is the curve.... it might not be that far away from now.... hell we already put chips in our pets lol...

soccerdrew17 said:
endimion said:
first link doesn't work with me

sorry, dont know why it wont work but im not getting it either. on kotaku go to the search and type in pgr4. sort by date and it should be near the top.

ok found it

me what I found odd about all that is they can't suposedly put a day light system because of texturing.... but they can do a realistic lighting engine and stuff.... they have enough space too put more tracks and add the motocycle.... I mean that's sound strange.... they add stuff but can't put the regular ones ???? I think in that story there is a big misunderstanding somewhere... and the only way to find out what will be the result is to wait for the game to be reviewed....

I don't think it's damage controle, necaus I don't see any damage done... I prefer the weather engine than being able to change day night... which doesn't impact really the gameplay beside visibility.... but it still sound strange to me.....

i'd like an expert advise too about that texture statement.... can't you modify day and night just with dynomic lightning... I don't see why you would need to change the textures... after all in real life they don't change either... it's just the lightning which does... but I'm no graphic expert at that level... if anybody who really knows could enlight me....

also I don't understand why they can't do 2 DVDs one with one half of the circuit and one with the other..... 

like I said I think at some point somebody said something wrong or didn't explain it the right way and it has been missinterpreted..... I don't see any other solution.....

because if blue dragon can be on 2 DVD PGR4 can too... I think more copies of PGR4 on will be sold than BD so the production cost is not the issue...

well we just have to wait and see.... in any case the weather engine kicks ass and the game will be amazing I think....  

its just that it would really suck having to change dvd's every couple of races, its one thing to change it twice the whole game but a racing game would be different. and it would split up online since you would only be able to play with some of the people at one time.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

then a double layer DVD.... or solo on one and multi on the other... well I mean i'm sure you can do something if it's a reall problem....

there is something weird in all that.... and the more that generation war is going the less i'm listening to the buzz and just wait to see the actual games to really make my opinion.... too many people who doesn't know anything about VG are starting to create buzz based on miss interpretation of PRs or else.... soon you'll have reviews of VG in the free real estate local magazine... it just starting to attract too many people who should stick to do casual news...

@Killzone3

Honestly having different textures for different times of day is the lazy way of doing this. Using lighting effects is what you(they) are supposed to be doing.

To Each Man, Responsibility
your mother said:
afree_account said:

btw: Is there a cure for the disease "PS3Fanboyness" ?

OH No way I would take that ...I hear it shrinks your Hard drive (if ya know what I mean)... and when you aim for the toilet you end up pissin in your Eye.