By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Accused of Racism...

BenKenobi88 said:
Because he's a foreigner working in the country as aid or something like that...

And I just spent the last hour reading through comments on Kotaku, Black Looks, and here...ugh, I'm just sick of it all.

I think the general consensus is, Kym Platt is an idiot, and one person should never be treated as a spokesperson for an entire race.

You should read Kym's first reply on Black Looks: "Yes… I am more comfortable with the zombies being white. In fact, ALL zombies should be white from this day forth."

To be honest, I'm sick of racism against white people. This may make me sound like a racist, but it's my honest opinion. For quite a while, black people have been able to say whatever they want about white people, and if anybody questions them, they're labeled a racist. It doesn't work like that for white people...it's ridiculous. I'm all for equality, but some of the biggest names in black rights seem to have double standards. Same for feminism...

QFT you said everything I think perfect, well done sir.

Around the Network

Is it racist that Umbrella Experiemented on the African village in the first place because they thought it was expendable?

The scene that has been set for this game excites me greatly as a non-racist person but I can totally and completely respect and understand that some people find this as a racist endevour and that this game is going to cop massive political attention... I do certainly hope that it does not get changed or cancelled in any way.

East West what difference does it make.  The point is still the same........................on the top of your head! 

OMFG!
This game is all about killing dem' blacks! That makes this the best game in the world. I make sure to make my 6 yer old son play this game every day to kill them black ****** becuase the world would be such a nicer place without any of them filth. This game is the best game to ever come out!

Ok seriously. black people are immune to anything and everything if they please They almost have a legal 'get out of jail free' card if they scream 'racisim'. I mean it's funny, you make a racial slur about a black person, and the entire black community comes down on you saying your anti-black. I have actually seen black people say some people hate blacks, yet they are married to a black person. Basically saying 'so so' hates black people. Even though they know nothing about that person, other than their 'black community leader' said he is racist. If you look a little deeper sometimes, you will realise, that is rarely the case. I myself live in a racist community. There is alot of discrimination that goes on where I live. And the sad thing is, most of it is anti-white.

When I go to the mall, I see groups of white people, with a black person every now and then. But I dont think I've **ever** seen a group of black people with a white person. find black people alot more racist than white people. They tend to think all white people are dirt, and just want to 'enslave' them. Kinda funny if ya' ask me.
I dont have a problem with 'africans' I infact had a major crush on one of them years ago. But I dislike almost every 'african american' that I know. Now, africans are much blacker than 'african americans' almost every time. So it's not color that I dont like them for. It's what they are. And this is a great example of 'african american' sentiment. "White people hate us. We need to sue, claming they are racist!"

I have never met an african I dont like. There are few 'afrian americans' that I like. I give everyone a chance tho. I just dont get my hopes up anymore.

EDIT: this sounds racist I'm sure, but I feel the world is racist, and I feel the world needs to be racist. Germans are smarter, japanese have more fun, black people are more athletic. It's fact. Not racism. And there is an 'sentiment' among "african americans" that the world hates them, and becuase of that, I find it impossible to like them.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Desroko said:
The problem is that, for Africa, the idea of armed white men murdering or pillaging in their cities and countryside is not fiction like it is for us; it's recent history.

Not even. It's more like current events.

Right now there are 38 wars being fought on the continent that hardly anyone knows about - that's what's really sad. 

Around the Network

Capcom should change the main character to be a black woman (preferably of African origin), and set the game in a modern, US styled city - gunning down white, male corporate types...

I'm sure that would be perfectly acceptable, and would raise no eyebrows at all ;)

These issues are going to come up more and more, as graphics get more realistic. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

All I'm going to say is I am so sick and tired of we humans defining each other solely by the color of our skin.  We must act a certain way, have certain preferences, etc. because we are whatever color on the outside.  And of course we must vote as a bloc due to this and we must fracture our society by defining ourselves by the color of our skin.  It's very discouraging when you realize how little progress has been made in the minds of most people with regards to this, and how much political correctness keeps picking at the ugly racist scar yielded by a shameful part of our history.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said:
All I'm going to say is I am so sick and tired of we humans defining each other solely by the color of our skin. We must act a certain way, have certain preferences, etc. because we are whatever color on the outside. And of course we must vote as a bloc due to this and we must fracture our society by defining ourselves by the color of our skin. It's very discouraging when you realize how little progress has been made in the minds of most people with regards to this, and how much political correctness keeps picking at the ugly racist scar yielded by a shameful part of our history.

I actually agree with this, and I've noticed this too. I really think that any holiday related to color is racist. Any day related to sex, is sexist. I really hate to say this, but racisim and sexism is something we just have to live with. Becuase if we start ignoring the fact some people are black, others are white... and we dont care about that, and we treat people like they act... I feel the world wouldnt change much, becuase then it would be 'classes'.

"The middle class are picking on the gang class."

Basically another way of saying, the rich whites are picking on the poor drug dealing blacks that murder each other for fun.

(I'm not saying white people dont do it, but the majority is black, it's a proven fact)

So instead of saying it's racist, their gonna be saying it's a class system, and becuase they are poor they are being mistread. or some such.

It's a problem that I've learned to deal with. Some black people are really great people. Others arent. Same with white people. I know my fair share of white trash too. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Coming from Northern Ireland I can say that yes, white trash are everywhere. They are like the plague. Perhaps if the T virus were to mutate itself to take out spides, knackers, chavs, townies and neds, then my country would be a better place.

Getting back on topic though, I feel good knowing that everyone. regardless of skin colour, can still be turned into a zombie. Surely this is anti racist as it's saying that we are all the same. Just a thought. Perhaps if they made the lead character a fat handicapped woman who is of african/jewish descent that recycles and doesn't need a man to be happy then everything would be ok.

Yes

I think the point is being missed on so many levels. It is the TRAILER that is offensive. I find it offensive as an American, that a game portrays our Social Problem of misunderstanding third world peoples as cool or heroic. I am tired of living in a country that the much of the world fears and hates, I definitely don't want to play a video game or watch a trailer for one (more than once) where that flaw is glorified.

The trailer does lead you to believe that the locals are an violent mob before any zombie virus. There is a white amreican in fancy clothes with a fancy gun that he is there to help and his position is glorified in the trailer. The Trailer is offensive to both Africans and Westerners.

Capcom recently had another similar issue with the Zack and Wiki trailer, over a savages chanting (the chant was an audio clip of a muslim prayer). They took it out of the game and out of the trailer.

I said that I didn't agree with the initial complaint in the magazine, but I am glad that they brought it up. Because if you feel governments, the wealthy, or large corporations are being irresponsible, it is our responsibilty in the American Tradition (cough...pre-9/11...cough) to speak up.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.