By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Chances the ?Red Ring? becomes in issue this holiday season.

Legend11 said:
leo-j said:
If you get a white 360 yep it will happen, even if you get the elite. The 65nm is going to have some of the same problems just prolongs the life.

How do you know that?

Im basicly saying it wont over heat as much if you play it the same amount of time you did with the regular 360, but double's the time you can use it before it over heats

mM
Around the Network

Because they won't have sold all stock manufactured before the "changes" and it's doubtful the "changes" completely eliminated the problem.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

if the red ring does effect systems in the 3 to 1 ratio during the holiday season then expect the sells of the 360 console to drop dramatically.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

My brother just had his Red Ring out yesterday, thats one more to add to the numbers. I'm just glad it did it when he was playing instead of me. His was a NOV/06 model.

Could the people talking out of their asses and saying it won't make a difference at least wait until the new systems come out and we find out? I find this about as annoying as people who review games that are coming out next year.

Around the Network

One thing I wonder, is if realistically doable, it could be possible for MS to issue a recall of products not to consumers but rather to retail outlets. Think about it, a store sends out a handful of consoles they haven't yet sold which MS refurbish and throw in the extra heatsink and return them to the store who then hands over another bunch.

Would that not be an efficient way to reduce the number of potentially iffy consoles reaching consumers' hands?

A hardware revision with more efficient parts would help, but for the already 10 million units out there and the ones currently in stock, it could take a little while.

I think it gets worse when you hear about people with 'fixed' units breaking down again on them. Brian Crecente from Kotaku had his 360 Elite break down on him, which I think that makes it his ninth one to break down. Even though I believe he said all of his have been freebies because of what he does, it was the disk drive that broke down and it wouldn't even have been covered by the new warranty.

Microsoft is loosin there momentum, 360 owners want FPS halo is all they talk about halo, Im afraid if that game doesnt deliver,ps3 sales will rocket for killzone2(the game that is called halo killer..). This can happen, another prediction but, if halo 3 doesnt deliver that awsome 10/10 gameplay and even still gets a high 8 or even a 9 360 fans will be scared for life. This is again a possibility whcih is unlikely, but then again microsoft is known to dissapoint people.

Not tryin to bring any negative news, but again its very low chance it wont be as good as halo 2.
I want to see what happens with alot of ps3 games and 360 games, to me it looks like the clash of killzone and halo can bring huge console sales, especially for the ps3. The game is unbelieveble... but we have to see what happens..heavenly sword right now looks to be the main driver for ps3 sales.

mM

leo-j don't try to be sucked into the hype too much - it happened with Killzone 1 being a 'Halo Killer' and well... it sucked heh. (I'm not trying to bash the series, truth be known I think Halo is a majorly overated series but I drift off...)

IllegalPaladin it's funny you mention a 360 Elite breaking as I just came across the fact that MS are building the Elites with the extra heatsink they've been throwing into the refurbished models. So until the Falcon revision does hit retail it's still the safest bet of a non-malfunctioning 360 yet.

I really doubt Halo 3 wont deliver. I (as well as many others) thought the single player in Halo 2 was boring, but even though I wasn't interested in Halo 2, scores of people will buy the games no matter what. Is there even much of an emphasis on the story anymore as it is the multiplayer now? It's probably been increased with the confirmed 4 player co-op, but hopefully the single player will be interesting.

Chances are reviewers (as well as fans) aren't going to be critical of any of the things wrong with it unless it's a game breaking issue. Not like that doesn't happen in other games, but still.