By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reporting Someone for Piracy

madkiller said:
All you people making me out to be the bad guy in this situation must be pirating things yourselves since you make it out like it is no big deal for this guy to make money off of other people's products/works. I will not sit here and be called a snitch for trying to do the right thing. People like you are the reason this shit is spreading so much these days. Some of you have probably modded your consoles, maybe even paid someone else to do it. Frankly, I hope you all get caught one day if you condone this...

Oh yes you will lol. I don't condone piracy either but i'm not going to use my time to inform multi billion corparations that some one's messing with their profit margins.

Fair enough if the guys actualy hurting some one but "snitch" is the right word to use in this situation , tell me one person who's lost their job because of piracy and i'll apologise.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
i saw someone advertising in the local newspaper that they do mods

If either one of us really wanted to find a place to mod consoles, Pmall is only TTC ride away. (I am still under the assumption you live in Toronto)

Well if the ad is posted on a bulletin board, take it down and show it to those responsible for approving student ads. I doubt the university wants to be associated with piracy, so he may get a warning to stop posting ads. If there is no oversight over what gets posted, just toss them in the recycling bin when you see them around, thereby reducing the number of potential customers he gets. Taking it further than this would be a dick move on your part and a waste of time.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

If you want to report them contact your local FBI offices: http://www.fbi.gov/contactus.htm

Report them to microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/default.aspx

Million said:
madkiller said:
All you people making me out to be the bad guy in this situation must be pirating things yourselves since you make it out like it is no big deal for this guy to make money off of other people's products/works. I will not sit here and be called a snitch for trying to do the right thing. People like you are the reason this shit is spreading so much these days. Some of you have probably modded your consoles, maybe even paid someone else to do it. Frankly, I hope you all get caught one day if you condone this...

Oh yes you will lol. I don't condone piracy either but i'm not going to use my time to inform multi billion corparations that some one's messing with their profit margins.

Fair enough if the guys actualy hurting some one but "snitch" is the right word to use in this situation , tell me one person who's lost their job because of piracy and i'll apologise.

Actually, I will just ignore anything a douchebag like you says from now on. Trying to excuse piracy by talking about multi-billion dollar corporations profit margins is complete bullshit. Microsoft is not the only company we are talking about here. What about the small companies trying to get started making games? Those companies don't have billions and might go out of business without enough sales. You need to just keep your mouth shut since you seem to know nothing about how things really work. What you said is basically like saying that people should just walk into Walmart and take what they want because Walmart is so rich...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

madkiller said:
Million said:
madkiller said:

Actually, I will just ignore anything a douchebag like you says from now on. Trying to excuse piracy by talking about multi-billion dollar corporations profit margins is complete bullshit. Microsoft is not the only company we are talking about here. What about the small companies trying to get started making games? Those companies don't have billions and might go out of business without enough sales. You need to just keep your mouth shut since you seem to know nothing about how things really work. What you said is basically like saying that people should just walk into Walmart and take what they want because Walmart is so rich...

LOL please provide me with conclusive evidence that piracy puts developers out of business (like I said before) and i'll

aplologise.

I'm only using three games to demonstrate that if you make an apealing game then you get apealing sales if not then you'll go bankrupt regardless of the size of your company. Developers that produce shitty games and get underwhelming sales on their poor sales performance are really only shifting blame .

Piracy only affects a percentage of sales , in most cases it won't make a game that otherwise woulda have sold well sell badly.How so many games are able to break the 1 million mark with such rampant piracy is beyond me.

700,761 8.01 3.48m 29th Oct 08

80,473 6.99 6.60m 03rd Nov 08

253,024 7.74 4.90m 08th Oct 08

Go to Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony (depends on what he's modding) directly. They all have support lines you can call and they all would appreciate the help.

And don't listen to the people telling you not to do this, that is mighty awesome of you to take down the ad and want to report him.

Million said:

madkiller said:
Million said:
madkiller said:

LOL please provide me with conclusive evidence that piracy puts developers out of business (like I said before) and i'll

aplologise.

I'm only using three games to demonstrate that if you make an apealing game then you get apealing sales if not then you'll go bankrupt regardless of the size of your company. Developers that produce shitty games and get underwhelming sales on their poor sales performance are really only shifting blame .

Piracy only affects a percentage of sales , in most cases it won't make a game that otherwise woulda have sold well sell badly.How so many games are able to break the 1 million mark with such rampant piracy is beyond me.

700,761 8.01 3.48m 29th Oct 08

80,473 6.99 6.60m 03rd Nov 08

253,024 7.74 4.90m 08th Oct 08

Tell that to all the companies making games for the PSP moron...

twesterm said:
Go to Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony (depends on what he's modding) directly. They all have support lines you can call and they all would appreciate the help.

And don't listen to the people telling you not to do this, that is mighty awesome of you to take down the ad and want to report him.

Finally, someone that actually understands that I am not the bad guy here.

I posted a perfectly reasonable means of dealing with this. Do items posted on the bulletin boards need approval? Take it to them, they will most likely deal with it. If you can post anything, feel free to take them down. Reporting what is most likely a bottom-feeder in the world of piracy to microsoft is a waste of everyone's time.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka