By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reporting Someone for Piracy

ssj12 said:
MrBubbles said:
i saw someone advertising in the local newspaper that they do mods

that can either mean hacking software on personal consoles (not illegal)

or this

both are a form of modding

it was for playing games burned to disks

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
hitoriki said:
the r4 is to play pirated games on ds

The M3/R4 are DS cartridges that read MicroSD memory for Homebrew (NES Emulation, Genisis Emulation (Genisis emulator is a lot better than Sonic Genisis for GBA)

Movies (If you don't want to buy a PSP), Music (Came in handy before my phone upgrade), and more on the DS, as well as backups (I have used mine to copy a game I OWN over to play with my brother, and when I was on a road trip and couldn't take all of my games with me, so I copied some over) and, unfortunately... Piracy, but that is not what it is made for...

pirating is one thing... selling pirated goods is an other.
Pirating is something companies fight in a passive way, catching the bigger fish as an example or as MS does it preventing the console to be used, but here, people actually pay money for this so it's a pretty grave issue. The guy will be in serious trouble.

report him to the local police station...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Why grass him in do you have nothing better to do or will it give you a special kind of thrill?

This must be a ridiculous coincidence, I as just reading my wired and came across www.NoPiracy.com (where you can be awarded fro up to 1 million) when I read this thread.

If he is really selling the pirated games then yeah it would be a pretty big offence. Just modding and sharing information people can find in15 minutes on the internet probably won't do anything to him, maybe a slap on the wrist.

I'm felling lucky of a Google search:
http://www.modchipstore.com/

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Snitch , your just sad that he thought of it before you did :).

All you people making me out to be the bad guy in this situation must be pirating things yourselves since you make it out like it is no big deal for this guy to make money off of other people's products/works. I will not sit here and be called a snitch for trying to do the right thing. People like you are the reason this shit is spreading so much these days. Some of you have probably modded your consoles, maybe even paid someone else to do it. Frankly, I hope you all get caught one day if you condone this...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Isn't it illegal to buy the modded chipsets though if you are doing a hardware mod?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Like I said: report the software piracy to Microsoft. They will be very glad to hear.

Nobody likes a narc. Though that guy is kind of stupid for advertising like that.

You're doing the right thing in your own mind, but traditionally vigilantism is looked down upon. It is only in the post-Bush era Department of Homeland Security America that snitching has become popular. Let's all report our neighbors for terrorism. I mean, if you support piracy you support terrorism right? Cause all that money goes right to the terrorists.