By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New PrinceOfPersia graphics/art style perfect for wii Zelda?

Yes what does the game look like?

Around the Network

here's a pic.thanks for telling me.I'll post some at the start of this thread.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

tolu619, me not thinking Twilight Princess is the most epic adventure game ever doesn't prove they should change the formula. That's flawed reasoning right there.

That said, however, I do think that Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of Time.

zelda could use it but that's not the point : all 3D zeldas have worked well so far, no matter which engine they were built on.
what the game reeeeeeaally needs is progress in the overall presentation.
characters without any voice acting beyond *scream* and *giggle*, story telling in text boxes, a story on mario levels, the always-the-same dungeon system ( ridiculous that all the bosses need to be hit 3 times ) and the lacking of an alternative difficulty level make the game stick in the 1990's.

and don't tell me bullshit arguments like nostalgia or : 'non-speaking NPCs leave space for own imagination' , thats just ridiculous, prince of persia : sands of time was the most charming game i ever played in terms of emotions and it made me dream of the wonderful storyline BECAUSE of the voice acting and the deep and serious plot ( not find all the artifacts to save the world )

i had much less fun with TP than with its predecessors, but i honestly think that in 2008 and later zelda cannot follow the same sheme like mario : one princess, always the same bad guy, same gameplay and ( which works in the mario universe ) no deep story. zelda hasn't evolved at all since oot.

if Wii Zelda doesnt evolve even a bit in those ways, i will leave the franchise, nintendo has enough casuals by now who buy all their games, even the crappy ones

xZealoTx sees my point.Even though if the next zelda still hasn't evolved,I wouldn't leave zelda cuz it would still be better than playing an average adventure game that comes out around the same time as it.Yeah,I'm asking for progress in the overall presentation but I'm also asking for your opinions as to whether they should use nice,mature looking(not carricaturish) cel-shaded graphics.Realistic graphics might make HD fans bitch at it but if zelda fans prefer realistic graphics,so be it.
Majin-T,games like GTA have evolved over time,always improving & maintainin up where they have always been.Even though I agree that TP is the best Zelda ever,it didn't WOW! me/us as much as OoT did in its time.It was like a revelation....something we weren't expecting.I mean.it beat our expectations but I can say that TP only met my expectations(I was angry that the last 2 dungeons didn't have new weapons.I know some peeps will say the twilight castle did).

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

Im not a big fan of Zelda imitating some other game's artwork
Believe it or not, some incredibly talented people are always thinking about the changes that should be made in the franchise, and i trust Aonuma enough to know he will come up with something different next time.The art work in TP was pretty amazing as it has been in every single game so far.So why not wait and see what these guys have thought of, rather than feel PoP's art style is perfect for it?
As for voice acting, it doesnt work well for every game, and i believe Zelda is one of those.As long as they dont drastically change the tone of the entire game(i.e way more mature), i really dont see the point in incorporating VA

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

i quote BringBackChrono :
'As for voice acting, it doesnt work well for every game, and i believe Zelda is one of those.As long as they dont drastically change the tone of the entire game(i.e way more mature), i really dont see the point in incorporating VA'

now i quote warner brothers CEO from 1937 who was asked about the first voice acting in movies, as be4 there were only silent movies :
'For god's sake, who want's to hear an actor talk?'

get the sense? tell me only 1 rational reason that elven boys cannot speak.
im not demanding gothic 2 level of VA ( EVERY person speaks for those who don't know gothic ) but in 2008 you can demand more than *peep* here and *moan* there, any1 who says VA doesnt work in Zelda games is just too lazy to really work out an image in his head of the possibilities. i want my beloved characters ( zelda link ) to show emotion, i want the ( 90th time resurrected ) ganondorf to have motives which go beyond : ALL-YOUR-BASE-BELONGS-TO-ME-IM-EVIL.

this doesnt work for me anymore, and yes i think zelda should become more mature, as for now the psycholigic claim is at about the level of a 10 year old.

ofc zelda stays a better game than 90 % of the others, but with TP it has definately lost the claim to be an AAA+ game in terms of quality.

@xZealoTx
Did my post say i dont approve of VA in any game?
A game like MGS(any one) would be impossible to make without it.
Now picture Wind Waker in your head, and give Link the voice of a 10 yr old. That would be so amazing and would enrich the experience so much, right?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

xZealoTx, if that's the case then you should leave the franchise while your ahead. As long as Nintendo is at the helm, the presentation will always be put last. Their purpose is to put fun factor before everything else and that's gonna be the way it is for as long as the content creators continue to think. If it feels like a 90's game to you and you won't play it because of that, then too bad for you, but I'll welcome it if it feels and/or looks like an NES game because I play Nintendo franchises for fun factor along with many other people.

Here's another take why some people don't want voice acting, take a look at Sonic's current state. It was cool to hear him speak in Sonic Adventure, but now his current voice actor sucks big time and almost everybody hates the fact that Sonic speaks. Do you think his franchise is better than Zelda's because of the voice acting? And what if the voice acting put in the series was worse than Wand of Gamelon's?

Also, since when was the last time Nintendo ever wrote a story that was actually something extradordinary?

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

I love zelda and all but IMO Okami has surpassed it both in a visual choice and gameplay details.

I would rather it take notes from that game than PoP on all accounts for a new direction of the series.

But no more wolves ;) even though I enjoyed TP.