By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console had the Best Exclusives in 2008?

The ps3, had the best "EXCLUSIVES" heck it had the best overall games released this year out of any console, hence the term "year of the ps3".

mM
Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Soriku said:
The ratios not that far off is pretty surprising. Next year I think the Wii may fare better, 360 slightly worse and PS3 slightly worse too. Pretty big games came out this year for the 360 and PS3 like LBP, MGS4, GeoW2, etc. while in 2009 the line up doesn't seem as big.

@Bolded- I didnt realize Killzone 2 & Final Fantasy XIII were not big titles. :P silly me. /s

Yeh I don't know about the X360 or Wii but the PS3 definitely has a great line up of huge games for 2009

ohhh....well if someone else made the list then never.

I am uncertain as to the apparent methodology. Are you picking ten exclusives at random? For instance why use Too Human when Naruto the Broken Bond received an average score of 83 on Metacritic. Why use Infinite Undiscover when Scene it had an average score of 76 on Metacritic.

I took the liberty of replacing the lowest valued exclusives on your list with those two exclusives that have had a better reception. The result is that Microsoft actually beats Sony with an average score of 82.5%. At first I thought this was intentional, but I already see one error in the PS3 listing as well. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm had a rating of 76 on Metacritic. Unless your discounting it, because it will not release in all regions in the same year.

I highly recommend you provide a thorough explanation as to how you reached your numbers, and if I am correct you probably need to do better compiling of data. I was able to find a reasonably solid listing for 360 exclusives on Wikipedia. There should also be listings for the PS3 and for the Wii as well. I think you might want to document all exclusives in the future when you compile such lists so it is easier for users to cross reference your list with their list. To see up front if you are missing a particular title in your analysis.

Gilgamesh said:

Uhh for the record I didn't make the list, I got it from an article and here's how he got the list:

"I decided to tally up the Metascore ratings (as of 11/20) for what are arguably the top ten exclusives for each console.  Games that are available on PC and only one console are on the list as well (World of Goo and Left 4 Dead are two examples)."

I'll change these games (bolded letters) if people want me to, just give me a game to replace it

left 4 dead should be replaced with Braid

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Yes the link would have definitely been helpful.

It all comes down to personal opinion....

Dodece said:
Yes the link would have definitely been helpful.

sorry for making you write all that, I didn't realize I had no link lol

Dodece said:
I am uncertain as to the apparent methodology. Are you picking ten exclusives at random? For instance why use Too Human when Naruto the Broken Bond received an average score of 83 on Metacritic. Why use Infinite Undiscover when Scene it had an average score of 76 on Metacritic.

I took the liberty of replacing the lowest valued exclusives on your list with those two exclusives that have had a better reception. The result is that Microsoft actually beats Sony with an average score of 82.5%. At first I thought this was intentional, but I already see one error in the PS3 listing as well. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm had a rating of 76 on Metacritic. Unless your discounting it, because it will not release in all regions in the same year.

I highly recommend you provide a thorough explanation as to how you reached your numbers, and if I am correct you probably need to do better compiling of data. I was able to find a reasonably solid listing for 360 exclusives on Wikipedia. There should also be listings for the PS3 and for the Wii as well. I think you might want to document all exclusives in the future when you compile such lists so it is easier for users to cross reference your list with their list. To see up front if you are missing a particular title in your analysis.

Naruto The Broken Bond only has 4 reviews on Metacritic just for the record.

infinite undiscovery should be replaced with Lost Odyssey

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur