By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console had the Best Exclusives in 2008?

Ok screw it, I'll just do the list over by myself for top games according to Metacritic, because I'm just going to get alot of request to change the list, so give me a few mins for a new list.....

Around the Network

Just take the Top 10 highest ranking exclusives
And if you want to include WoG & L4D then just make it "console exclusive"

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Maynard_Tool said:
It all comes down to personal opinion....

Normally i would agree 100% with this, but this was actually a great year for sony, even if it was by a slight so...

The list isn't very well done. There are other games that could have popped up on all three consoles that would have upped the averages. Where is Singstar and Disgaea 3 for PS3 instead of SOCOM and Haze? Where is Braid and Geometry Wars 2 for 360 instead of Infinite Undiscovery and Too Human? Where is Boom Blox and De Blob for the Wii instead of Wii Music and Harvest Moon? Why bother posting an average of exclusives across platforms if the titles are basically strewn together at random? Was this to prove something?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

LBP
Valkyria Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 4
Resistance 2
Disgaea 3

PS3 for Me :)

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Technically you cannot include Lost Odyssey, because the title was released in 2007 in Japan. I think the list would technically require a title to be launched this year in one region or another, but that is also problematic. Asia gets a multitude of titles yearly that will never be brought to western markets. So it would be difficult to actually get accurate ratings for a title that might only release in Japan, Korea, China, and the South Pacific.

To further complicate matters the list is entirely too early as the year moves on a great many exclusives get jammed up against the end of the year. Some of them will make it, but a majority of them will slip into the new year. When I look at the 360 two titles pop into mind The Precursors, and Huxley. They are both exclusive, listed to arrive this year, and are obviously unrated. Interestingly enough both titles have a lot of potential to be fairly good titles.

Dodece said:
Technically you cannot include Lost Odyssey, because the title was released in 2007 in Japan. I think the list would technically require a title to be launched this year in one region or another, but that is also problematic. Asia gets a multitude of titles yearly that will never be brought to western markets. So it would be difficult to actually get accurate ratings for a title that might only release in Japan, Korea, China, and the South Pacific.

You forgot to mention about the Chinese new year. That complicates matters also.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

There I got a whole new list up all of the top 10 best exclusives for each console. And this is for 05,06,07, and 08. It would of been way to much work to get just 2008 lol

Hope everyone agrees with this.

I don't think it's fair to count downloadable games.

Also, refer to my sig. That line at the bottom.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Let's try IGN.

I won't count downloadables.

PS3

1) Metal Gear Solid 4: 10

2) Resistance 2: 9.5

3) Little Big Planet: 9.5

4) RaC: Tools of Destruction: 9.4

5) Ninja Gaiden Sigma: 9.3

6) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: 9.1

7) Resistance: Fall of Man: 9.1

8) Valkyria Chronicles: 9.0

9) Folklore: 9.0

10) Buzz! Quiz TV: 8.9

Average: 9.28/10

X360

1) Gears of War 2: 9.5

2) Halo 3: 9.5

3) Mass Effect: 9.4

4) Gears of War: 9.4

5) Left 4 Dead: 9.0

6) Prey: 9.0

7) Dead or Alive 4: 9.0

8) Forza Motorsport 2: 8.9

9) Fable II: 8.8

10) PGR 3: 8.8

Average: 9.13/10

Wii

1) Super Mario Galaxy: 9.7

2) SSB Brawl: 9.5

3) Metroid Prime 3: 9.5

4) Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure: 9.0

5) RE4: Wii Edition: 9.0

6) Super Paper Mario: 8.9

7) Skate It: 8.5

8) Mario Kart Wii: 8.5

9) Trauma Center: New Blood: 8.5

10) Wario Land: Shake It: 8.4

Average: 8.95/10

So, the PS3 has the best, non-downloadable exclusives according to IGN. Sorry if I missed anything.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective