By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - And so...the 360 Won in North America this gen....whats for sony now?

1. I have a PS3

2. I am a sony Fanboy (yes...I want every xbox360 game to fail)

3. The 360 is a monter in NA. North America adopted the 360 as HD console...not the PS3.

Why?

1. Price

2. Games and Network

I think...there is no return back for Sony here. Unless they bring some price cuts really fast.

Yeah, we have Killzone 2, GT5, GOW3....but those games are not going to save a 2009 economy, where budgets are very slim.... Next year is going to be very difficult for the world, and a $200 console is the way vs a $400.

What do you think?

Around the Network

I think that a quick look at the charts will show that NA is a lost cause... I mean the 360 is closer to the Wii than the PS3 is to it. That being said it has a strong enough base to warrant more games and that is good for the PS3 fanbase... I don't want a one sided race and in the US it's not so lop sided as it was last gen.... yet anyway

Every competition has to have a loser and this gens is the PS3. This doesnt make it crap. How many people owned a Gamecube or a Dreamcast and loved them? I did. In fact Shenmue was one of my top 5 all time fav games on DC.
The PS3 joins a good group of consoles that had a few good games but ultimatly was rejected by the world :(

Did this topic fall out of an alternate universe where Miyamoto was assassinated by some Soviet general who went back in time to an earlier E3, and prevented the Wii from ever coming into existence?

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Don't give up on the PS3 yet. The gap isn't that wide yet. Ofcourse if it increases next year rather than decreases then there is no chance of a come back.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
Every competition has to have a loser and this gens is the PS3. This doesnt make it crap. How many people owned a Gamecube or a Dreamcast and loved them? I did. In fact Shenmue was one of my top 5 all time fav games on DC.
The PS3 joins a good group of consoles that had a few good games but ultimatly was rejected by the world :(

I mean...In a moment of huge crisis...it doesnt matter which console is better...now what really affects is the price...and there Sony cant compete...they didnt know this ould happen.

Right now both consoles are great...I dont think there is one better than the other, overall.

But 360 is cheaper...and thats what counts....

I will stick with my ps3 because i need to see killzone in action...but I must admit the 360 did a great job and stole the crown from Sony (WII is another story)

tuoyo said:
Don't give up on the PS3 yet. The gap isn't that wide yet. Ofcourse if it increases next year rather than decreases then there is no chance of a come back.

Not that big of a gap?

The gap is 7 million in the America's.

Let's assume that the PS3 will continue selling 200k a month. And let's make the absurd assumption that 360 stopped selling completely. It would take the PS3 35 months = 3 YEARS (!!!) to catch the 360.

I think it's safe to assume that PS3 will never catch the 360 in the US. 

I love these threads....

I remember when everone was saying the PS3 is doomed in September 2007, no turning back and no reason to own it....

Then the table turned and it sold better with the price cut..... I remember the January NPD when it outsold the 360... OMG to 360 is doomed everyone said....
During the summer more voices were added to that....

And now the PS3 is back in the firing line.... No turning back, nowhere to go everyone suddenly says....

I guess people never learn and might be shocked if/when the tables have turned again. Remember we are not even half way through the generation yet...

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

taxman said:
I love these threads....

I remember when everone was saying the PS3 is doomed in September 2007, no turning back and no reason to own it....

Then the table turned and it sold better with the price cut..... I remember the January NPD when it outsold the 360... OMG to 360 is doomed everyone said....
During the summer more voices were added to that....

And now the PS3 is back in the firing line.... No turning back, nowhere to go everyone suddenly says....

I guess people never learn and might be shocked if/when the tables have turned again. Remember we are not even half way through the generation yet...

Yeah it is kind of funny I have been on the boards since August and seen the 360 rules sony is dead, then sony is taking over the 360 is dead and after the price cut 360 is great and the PS3 is dying.  Its who has the momentum and right know its the 360

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

In the sales discussion, Wii is #1. Any talk of 360 being number one should be in the gaming discussion, whether referencing sales or anything else... ;)

Seriously, why is the Wii never counted.

360 has the top total software and third party software for America.

Wii is 100m-53m=47m, 360 131-28= 103. Now I believe this is because third parties think like you do, and don't think about the Wii. They are bad business people and are throwing away potential business by making no compelling software for the average NA "core" gamer.

As a PS3 owner, I think it's pretty obvious why 360 killed the PS3. Price, Earlier Launch, Halo 3, and online experience. I could argue why I bought a PS3, but what I think about the console doesn't matter to sales across the continent.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.