By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - And so...the 360 Won in North America this gen....whats for sony now?

taxman said:
I love these threads....

I remember when everone was saying the PS3 is doomed in September 2007, no turning back and no reason to own it....

Then the table turned and it sold better with the price cut..... I remember the January NPD when it outsold the 360... OMG to 360 is doomed everyone said....
During the summer more voices were added to that....

And now the PS3 is back in the firing line.... No turning back, nowhere to go everyone suddenly says....

I guess people never learn and might be shocked if/when the tables have turned again. Remember we are not even half way through the generation yet...

you my friend are the smartest person ive read yet.

360 gets a huge WW price drop sells more then ps3 but the ps3 sales have not fallen at all just 360 has sold more and its over for ps3 LOL.

I cant wait to see what happenes when sony drops the price to 200 bucks all hell would break loose here.

Around the Network

Don't you mean the Wii won America?

what a faggot thread, nothing is decided yet. theres so much room for growth for the ps3.

Afterman said:

1. I have a PS3

2. I am a sony Fanboy (yes...I want every xbox360 game to fail)

3. The 360 is a monter in NA. North America adopted the 360 as HD console...not the PS3.

Why?

1. Price

2. Games and Network

I think...there is no return back for Sony here. Unless they bring some price cuts really fast.

Yeah, we have Killzone 2, GT5, GOW3....but those games are not going to save a 2009 economy, where budgets are very slim.... Next year is going to be very difficult for the world, and a $200 console is the way vs a $400.

What do you think?

I think that SONY should continue to release quality hardware, quality software, and continue improving the PSN.  It's good for you to admit that you are a SONY fanboy, but being a fanboy makes you worry about the most sillyest things like wanting all 360 games to fail and a console being in third that is still doing well by offering a lot to the consumer.  You and everyone else should be glad that they have a quality product that offers and will foreseeably offer goods to the consumer.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

DMeisterJ said:
Don't you mean the Wii won America?

thats what i said

arguing over who gets second i guess dosnt sound good so they cut out the wii

Around the Network

Wii have won North America, it had no competition pretty much, people do forget about it, but that's true PS3 will be stuck in 3rd place in NA till the end of the generaiton.

If the 360 "won" NA, then the original XBox won NA as well.

Not coming in last = winning

sony will win others and japan.

so they are okay.

^ht ewii will also have japan

not sure about other but ehh

Afterman said:
Hyruken said:
Every competition has to have a loser and this gens is the PS3. This doesnt make it crap. How many people owned a Gamecube or a Dreamcast and loved them? I did. In fact Shenmue was one of my top 5 all time fav games on DC.
The PS3 joins a good group of consoles that had a few good games but ultimatly was rejected by the world :(

I mean...In a moment of huge crisis...it doesnt matter which console is better...now what really affects is the price...and there Sony cant compete...they didnt know this ould happen.

Right now both consoles are great...I dont think there is one better than the other, overall.

But 360 is cheaper...and thats what counts....

I will stick with my ps3 because i need to see killzone in action...but I must admit the 360 did a great job and stole the crown from Sony (WII is another story)

No is not. Is a console. They are competing. Period.

You sony fanboys always do that.