By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All numbers up, America Ps3 very low?

Very good for 360. Price cut contributed to a weak economy and standalone blu-ray players should be very cheap ($200) on Black Friday to justify buying a $400 PS3. And the 360 has contributed a lot to this holiday season including NXE, GoW2, Fable 2, etc.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Around the Network

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.o Nintendo, you just went over the line with DS & Wii. Amazing.

X360 is great too.

......... yeah, that's about it

Awesome 360 numbers, Wii is a beast. PS3.....ouch.

ahh cmon! the PS3 has got to be undertracked abunch, it has to!

Neoraf said:
Maybe it's time for me to sell my PS3 before it loses all value?

==" Who cares!!

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

The last month VGChartz was overtracking the PS3 acording to NPD.

Gilgamesh said:

I highly doubt that. I actually think Microsoft is being undertracked because of the 25 m installed base Microsoft predicts by the end of november. I've noticed the gap is widening to 6 M and the 360 might have a 7 million unit lead soon.

Sales this year is the reason why I think '09 will be so interesting, cause part of the Blue ocean strategy is to start driving upstream, or in this case toward core gamers, which will squeeze out the competition and start them to swim further upsteam. Looking at these sales its starting to indicate which systems will potentially be squeezed...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

We are going to see the Wii's lifetime peak in the next few weeks. I do not think the Wii will see another holiday season like this one.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gilgamesh said:

I highly doubt that. I actually think Microsoft is being undertracked because of the 25 m installed base Microsoft predicts by the end of november. I've noticed the gap is widening to 6 M and the 360 might have a 7 million unit lead soon.

...thought they adjusted it cause the PS3 lost %0.1. Am i assuming wrong?

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?