By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NFS Undercover gets HORRIBLE reviews

Remember when Need for Speed was a fun franchise about driving fast and avoiding the occasional cop? This series needs to sit it out for a few years before getting a revival that gets back to it's roots.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

lol, i'm not surprised..

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

stof said:
Remember when Need for Speed was a fun franchise about driving fast and avoiding the occasional cop? This series needs to sit it out for a few years before getting a revival that gets back to it's roots.

Oh those gold days..

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

stof said:

This series needs to die. EA has enough franchises already, and this is a horrible continuation of a series that hasn't been good in years. Burnout has eclipsed this in every way.

Just when EA's quality was improving, this comes along. Sad, really.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The game doesn't even feature splitscreen multiplayer (except for the Wii version).

The only reason games like Need for Speed are fun is because you could play them with your friends on the couch and have a great time. Who the hell is going to play the singleplayer of those games??

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
The game doesn't even feature splitscreen multiplayer (except for the Wii version).

The only reason games like Need for Speed are fun is because you could play them with your friends on the couch and have a great time. Who the hell is going to play the singleplayer of those games??

True true, very true... but I was looking at the back of the game case on both Wii and PSP and just went *sigh* they look the same it's disgusting *frown* *puts back on shelf*  Which I'm talking about the splitscreen graphics as the others really didn't show much gameplay, and I compared it to the gameplay shot they had on the back of the PSP which looked decent for a PSP title... really I can't play any of these games on consoles anymore, it's on the handheld or nothing...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I was rather upset they did such a piss poor job on the Wii version, 'another gimped Wii version' thought I, until I realized ALL versions of this game sucked big time.

I guess Need for Speed just didn't rank highly in EA's to do list this year as the lack of proper development time is painfully evident in all copies. Maybe they'll axe the series.

Wouldn't care except Wii lacks any great racers (aside for Mario Kart). Love a Burnout or Flatout for Wii. Yeah, I know... I don't need GT5 serious, that's boring.

NFS Underground, Hot Pursuit II and Most Wanted were such great games. Hate to see this happen to the series :(

Sansui said:
NFS Underground, Hot Pursuit II and Most Wanted were such great games. Hate to see this happen to the series :(

This. I hate the new series. I am glad it's failing - but hay - wait a year and they'll put out an update to this crap.

This decided it, I'm getting MNC instead.

^_^