By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
selnor said:
papflesje said:
I still don't get how Sony manages to hold onto % more than MS. MS seems to lose % more quickly, which isn't that logical to me :-/

Yes this EXACTLY! It's not mathematically possible. Especially considering M$ have outsold Sony considerably in others since the price cut. Hmmmmm

Somebody explained it above but I'll explain for you ..

Out of any given week the 360 needs to sell ABOVE 30% that week to maintain its 30% market share. ATM its getting below 30% market share each week so its dropping. Sony is getting above 22& marketshare a week (just about) and therefore it rises ..

The Wii is outselling the 360 and PS3 combined so its going to steal marketshare from both of them.

Around the Network
selnor said:
papflesje said:
I still don't get how Sony manages to hold onto % more than MS. MS seems to lose % more quickly, which isn't that logical to me :-/

Yes this EXACTLY! It's not mathematically possible. Especially considering M$ have outsold Sony considerably in others since the price cut. Hmmmmm

I'm not exactly sure if I understand what you mean but in case you are talking about market share: Microsoft has more consoles sold than Sony. If both consoles sell exactly the same amount of units each week Microsoft is gonna lose market share until they have exactly the same share as Sony.

But I think I missunderstood your questions and you guys already knew this, right?

Edit: What Seece said:

Microsoft currently has 29.9% market share. Each week Microsoft accounts for less than 29.9% of all home consoles sold they are going to lose market share.

Sony is at 22.2% so each week they account for more than 22.2% of all home consoles sold they will gain marketshare.

Nintendo is at 47.9% but they usually account for 55% of the home consoles sold currently so they will gain marketshare each week.

xbox 360 keep increasing, go xbox 360

@ seece: thanks for the explanation.

The PS3 is > 360 everywhere except Britain, Scandinavia, where the 360 does well because Scandinavia is quite PC-favoritic, and they share similar games, and France, where the 360 is up by 200. PS3 finally broke the 360 selling better problem in Italy. As Sony mops up the whole of Europe, a price cut and the 2009 lineup will help sales in Britain... and elevate the PS3 to numbers significantly above the 360 in the rest of Europe.

Around the Network
selnor said:
papflesje said:

It's very possible.  Outselling the PS3 doesn't automaticly mean an increase of marketshare percentage.  If both consoles continue to sell while the 5 million 360 lead stays the same, the percentage of the 5 million lead will be smaller in comparison to the total sales of the console.  Let's just say that 1 out of 5 is 20% of 5, but 1 out of 10 is 10% of 10.  But when you factor in growing Wii sales, it's potentally forcing marketshare down for both the 360 and PS3 which is what is happening with the 360.  As we all know, the Wii is a runaway success while the PS3 is doing very well on its own considering all the factors.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

leo-j said:
LOL MATURE said:
Gilgamesh said:
leo-j said:
When does the LBP bundle release in the European countries?

I'm pretty sure it was released on October 31st

I'm pretty sure the bundles were released a week after the game

Then why isnt the bundle on amazon uk?

That means the bundle hasnt released..

In Austria and Germany it is released for 399€!

johnsobas said:
Aj_habfan said:
Squilliam said:
Aj_habfan said:
Squilliam said:
Either the PS3 was adjusted up or the 360 was adjusted down. But good numbers for the 360, should be quite a big difference this week.

It should be less then last week, as Japan will make up the Others difference and Americas should give the 360 around a 30k lead.

Good sales all around. Congrats on passing 8m in Others PS3!

The japanese difference will be lower as the PS3 boost there wears off and theres still that massive NPD -> Vgchartz discrepency to work through with regards to the U.S numbers. So the difference im picking will be higher rather than lower than last week.

Wear off? It has 75k+ and 30k+ software titles this week.

Actually it's still likely to drop. The boost was probably only half because of LBP and GTA4, it was because of the bigger hard drive and free gran turismo.  I don't expect samurai dou to be sell consoles.

Looks like it didn't drop =)

so im guessing no drops in hardare for any console until january

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia