By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What is the quickest browser? eg, firefox, explorer 9, opera browser?

Nice, the proof that Opera wins :D

But, yeah the drop from 9.6 BETA and 9.62 final is strange..

Around the Network

Fx all the way.

Safari is the fastest browser I've used in it's default configuration. However, add Noscript and Adblocker to Firefox and you cut out tons of bloated crap, dramatically improving load time.

Firefox wins. Wish Safari had that kind of flexibility.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Safari is the fastest browser I've used in it's default configuration. However, add Noscript and Adblocker to Firefox and you cut out tons of bloated crap, dramatically improving load time.

Have you used other browsers?

I only use Firefox ... that said it REFUSES to play sound and youtube videos so I use IE for that. FF is pretty fast especially with the fasterfox addon

Around the Network
famousringo said:

Have you ever done a website? Because Firefox and IE is fucking bullshit to work with. Some stuff works on one but not the other. At least I never had that problem with Safari, Chrome nor Opera.

Solid said:
Well! Thank you for the link, I didn't know that it existed yet.

So, I tested all 6 browser(IE7, IE8, Opera, Chrome, Safari, Firefox).
Each browser had the lastest build it can offer.

Heres the results:

1. Opera (85/100)
2. Chrome (78/100)
3. Safari (74/100)
4. Firefox 3 (70/100)
5. Internet Explorer 8 (21/100)
6. Internet Explorer 7 (5/100)

No ones past the test.

IE7&8 was actually a big load of fail on the Acid Test 3. Opera had the best results.

Here are some beta scores.

Google Chrome Build 2778 - 100
Safari 4 Developers Preview - 100
Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 - 93
IE 8 Beta 2 - 21

seece said:

I only use Firefox ... that said it REFUSES to play sound and youtube videos so I use IE for that. FF is pretty fast especially with the fasterfox addon

Do you have the flash plug in installed?

Solid said:

Have you ever done a website? Because Firefox and IE is fucking bullshit to work with. Some stuff works on one but not the other. At least I never had that problem with Safari, Chrome nor Opera.

If you're having problems getting things to look properly in FF, it's a problem with your coding, not the browser.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Solid said:

If you're having problems getting things to look properly in FF, it's a problem with your coding, not the browser.

Yeah right >.>

You know that coding standards exists right? You know that Acid Test tests if a browser display those standards correctly right?

Has a programmer, we need to make sure our coding follows those standards (like with W3C testing) and back then, the browsers didn't support the standard correctly so thats why it was crap.

I'm well aware of W3C and the web standards.

IE was the one that deviated like a drunk driver on a one lane highway. However, none of them are 100% in compliance with all web standards. You shouldn't run into any more problems with FF than you do with Webkit based browsers unless you're using an older version of FF.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Still, when you do a professionnal website you need to make it work with even the older versions of FF/IE, thats what we learn at school^^

Older versions are piece of shits to work with, I've had too much problem with IE/FF to use it has my browser, even if they get better.