By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysis: First week CoD WaW Wii major flop, Medal of Honor breaks 500k

Ouch mrstickball, I expected better from you. You've been corrected by some people by now, but I can only agree with them.

Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes are both big successes. I mean, you've been here a long time, how can you possibly think otherwise?

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
No More Heroes may have been Suda 51s best game, but it sold like garbage considering how good people rate it.

It only made profit (apparently) since the game was pretty crap. Wasn't much effort put into any of it, except the bosses.

It sold good considering how good it could have sold. That's the only thing you have to ask yourself when deciding how good a game sold: "what was the game's sales potential?" In the case if No More Heroes, it basically fulfilled that potential fantastically.

...So 450,000 and 360,000 units (Z&W then NMH) are considered major 3rd party successes? I was just using 2 of the better-reviewed games that had sub-par sales on the Wii. If both were successes, what about the PS3/X360 games that had similar reviews (80%+) that managed to sell millions like Dead Rising, or Saints Row?

Could also go with:

Madden 09 (360,000)
de Blob (200,000)
Fifa 09 (190,000)
Geometry Wars: Galaxies (70,000)
Trauma Center: New Blood (150,000 + PAL)

Just for a few of the higher rated 3rd party games in the Wii library that didn't perform too well for sales.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
...So 450,000 and 360,000 units (Z&W then NMH) are considered major 3rd party successes? I was just using 2 of the better-reviewed games that had sub-par sales on the Wii. If both were successes, what about the PS3/X360 games that had similar reviews (80%+) that managed to sell millions like Dead Rising, or Saints Row?

Could also go with:

Madden 09 (360,000)
de Blob (200,000)
Fifa 09 (190,000)

Just for a few of the higher rated 3rd party games in the Wii library that didn't perform too well for sales.

You're pushing it, man. Madden, Blob and Fifa still have the majority of sales ahead of them, and you know it. Geometry sales are awful, I'll give you that, but it was horribly overpriced (€40) and it should've been WiiWare.

It seems I also have to remind you of the difference in development costs between Wii and HD consoles: they are enormous.

medal of honor heroes is awesome, if it was a bit longer and had some Call of Duty style missions could be one of the best shooters... : (

at least EA must be very happy with the sales!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

Could also go with:

Madden 09 (360,000)
de Blob (200,000)
Fifa 09 (190,000)

Well THQ said that De Blob is already a commercial success, game will continue selling without a doubt.

Madden 09 outsold 08 in every week, and it will continue to sell steadily (even with that stupid box art)

Medal of Honor:H2 500 000 copies of PSP bulid game, this is a massive success especially when this franchise has been doing poorly lately.

Developers of Z&W, Boom Blox, NMH and etc. etc. all have stated that those games were profitable and were a financial successes. I just dont get why people still go on about those games not selling, especially considering how Niche NMH and Z&W are.

But i wish that shopes in the UK would stop bundling Wii with Carnival Games, i cant look at it in the charts anymore.

mrstickball said:

Could also go with:

Madden 09 (360,000)
de Blob (200,000)
Fifa 09 (190,000)

Dude, you're really overdoing it now.

Success is determined by a combination of the cost of the game to develop+publish it and its sales.
On average we can say that Wii games are at least 3 times cheaper to produce, so that alone would make Z&W sales compare to a 1.3 million selling HD game in profits. And both Z&W and NMH hardly saw any advertising. Plus these games are niche.

I don't have to tell you that advertising can go into the millions for the high budget HD games. 

so nintendo fans boycott activision confirmed???

Nah, eliasg, I'll buy it.

noname2200 said:
outlawauron said:
Sheershaw said:

I know my store got 2 copies of the Wii version, and we still have 2 copies. We got about 80 360 copies and about 55 PS3 ones. We sold about 65 of the 360 and 45 of the PS3.

Huh. Guess your place doesn't place much stock in the Wii version. Out of curiousity, where do you work? Gamestop?

No. I work at Circuit City (not one of the stores that is closing down) and we do a pretty good amount of business in the chain. The only thing is that we still haven't sold any of the Wii version.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.