By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysis: First week CoD WaW Wii major flop, Medal of Honor breaks 500k

I have waited at most 10 seconds to find people to play with. I play early in the morning, late at night and all throughout the weekend. This is a really good game. People who have not played the Wii version dont know if it is good or bad.

What is your FC Witchdog?

Around the Network

Hurrah!

It has made it to 103,000 users online. Slightly faster growth this week, so sales should be up to about 55,000 for the next week. This will take it over 300,000.

Clearly not 360/PS3 stuff, but if it can continue at this rate (unlikely after xmas, I suppose) it would be nice.

It should hit gold pretty easily within the next 3-6 months anyway.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Actually it sells more than that this week if the week you're talking about was this week, so far the sales of COD WAW was in 250,000 so far. And it still continues selling...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Well from personal experience and from what other stores are saying along with district shipments is any representation, I'd look for a decent boost in CoD:WaW sales next week, my district has been in the top 10 districts for Game Stop for the holiday season and #2 on Black Friday and we're starting to sell CoD:WaW like hotcakes on Wii.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Well from personal experience and from what other stores are saying along with district shipments is any representation, I'd look for a decent boost in CoD:WaW sales next week, my district has been in the top 10 districts for Game Stop for the holiday season and #2 on Black Friday and we're starting to sell CoD:WaW like hotcakes on Wii.

Are you really sure its COD WAW on the Wii? WOW the ads seems really is effective

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network
yushire said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Are you really sure its COD WAW on the Wii? WOW the ads seems really is effective

LMAO am I really sure? I'm selling the damn things, we were sold out for about 4 days one time, the first shipment didn't sell well at all, I mean I picked it up, then another guy came in and picked it up but the others sat there, then about 2 weeks later after the 360 and PS3 version sales finally started to slow down the Wii copies we had started to sell which was about 6 from the first shipment so not too many, but those were dols out for about 4 days then we got the next shipment in, came close to selling out again, and this week got about 14 copies in and before I left work yesterday we had 3 copies left.  So I would say the next couple of weeks should pick up in sales on the VGC numbers.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

If it is then... WOW so the large userbase is starting to kick in. In the coming months if this still continues to happen I think Wii might at last have a real COD game and not a gimped version like guitar Hero did...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
If it is then... WOW so the large userbase is starting to kick in. In the coming months if this still continues to happen I think Wii might at last have a real COD game and not a gimped version like guitar Hero did...

... what?  Guitar Hero... gimped?  Really?!?!?! I mean I didn't know the PS3 and 360 versions had the jam modes the Wii had... and I sure as hell didn't know that the DLC I bought on my Wii was fake, and that all the songs weren't on the Wii version :'(

/end sarcasm

Really man where do you get that from?  Guitar Hero 3 was an improved version of the PS2 game, while gimped vs PS3 and 360 it could have been as bad as Rock Band... but World Tour is better on Wii...

And CoD WaW is better on Wii hands down, anyone that likes GOOD controls would agree, though the Wii version is gimped vs the PC but then again so is the PS3 and 360 versions...

MaxwellGT2000 said:
yushire said:

... what?  Guitar Hero... gimped?  Really?!?!?! I mean I didn't know the PS3 and 360 versions had the jam modes the Wii had... and I sure as hell didn't know that the DLC I bought on my Wii was fake, and that all the songs weren't on the Wii version :'(

/end sarcasm

Really man where do you get that from?  Guitar Hero 3 was an improved version of the PS2 game, while gimped vs PS3 and 360 it could have been as bad as Rock Band... but World Tour is better on Wii...

And CoD WaW is better on Wii hands down, anyone that likes GOOD controls would agree, though the Wii version is gimped vs the PC but then again so is the PS3 and 360 versions...

I think you dont know the original mono PS2 port arent you? ^_^

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
yushire said:

/end sarcasm

I think you dont know the original mono PS2 port arent you? ^_^

Uhm that's not a gimp that was a developer error... for which Activision spent a good bit of money to make sure everyone got their discs replaced and even gave buyers a free faceplate for their guitars, which was the limited edition faceplate (mine was at least) that only pre order buyers got.  I got the disc back in a timly manor and was fine from there on.