By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysis: First week CoD WaW Wii major flop, Medal of Honor breaks 500k

Thanks for the update, I will make a thread next week when this game still sells in its 5th week in NA and others, but its good to know that you update it anyway.

Anyway, the sales of this game was in 200,000 so far in its 5th week. Call of Duty 2 years in was 580,000 in NA.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

thanks for that user update, I play all the time, I hope it reaches 100,000 soon. more meat for the grinder. LOL!

Wichdog69

CoD WaW is bad, especially on Wii. This is a good reason to be a major flop. If third parties continue to release ports without quality of PS3/Xbox360's general public games , they will continue to flop.

I don't know how Activision thought this game could sell.

I, and a lot of other people that have played it, disagree with you.

I think it's a great game, both online and in campaign mode.

I'm still diabolical online, though I am slightly better than before. I need to play total noobs to get my wins up.

There will be 100,000 online users by Saturday.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

I'm amazed at this game selling even a little on Wii.
What made most people buy this CoD on other consoles, was the big success of CoD 4, and this game was NOT on Wii.
So everyone that wanted to play the "best" CoD should have fled to PS3 and XB360 already.
So I'm more than surprised. This retarded behaviour from Activision should come to bite them in the ass. I'm really surprised tha game sells at all, when it's obvious they did everything they could to destroy this game's sales on Wii.
Which tells me this game was released on Wii only as a scapegoat example.

Around the Network
ookaze said:
What made most people buy this CoD on other consoles, was the big success of CoD 4, and this game was NOT on Wii.
So everyone that wanted to play the "best" CoD should have fled to PS3 and XB360 already.
So I'm more than surprised. This retarded behaviour from Activision should come to bite them in the ass. I'm really surprised tha game sells at all, when it's obvious they did everything they could to destroy this game's sales on Wii.

I don't think that CoD:WaW is better on PS360, the clumsy gamepad controls of this consoles are a mess for all ego shooters.

z101 said:
ookaze said:

I don't think that CoD:WaW is better on PS360, the clumsy gamepad controls of this consoles are a mess for all ego shooters.

Agreed. I'm totally addicted to online play, despite my uselessness.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

This game kicks ass! I don't know what some of you people are talking about. I chose the wii version over the 360 one. a buddy of mine got the wii version over the PS3 one and we play online all the time. The controls make a huge difference. Let the hating stop. Even when wii gets quality titles there's always some fanboy that has to come in here and talk shit.

Wichdog69

Does it take long for the game to find 7 opponents?

Guovssohas said:
Does it take long for the game to find 7 opponents?

Neither my son or I have ever waited to get into a game no matter what time of day we're playing.   Finding the minimun 3 takes seconds and the other spots fill in quickly.