By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysis: First week CoD WaW Wii major flop, Medal of Honor breaks 500k

yushire said:
Good luck then. You could find a copy next week. I HOPE

What the hell is this rumor now? Everywhere I go I see plenty of copies for ALL versions, Wii included, people in this thread are spreading FUD.

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
yushire said:

What the hell is this rumor now? Everywhere I go I see plenty of copies for ALL versions, Wii included, people in this thread are spreading FUD.

It is just damage control. :)

Esa-Petteri said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
yushire said:

I can't speak for others, but in my case a lot of retailers here made clear the Wii version of the game will not be sold in that particular store.

This may or may not be a widespread problem but it's hardly damage control. I think we can all agree this game doesn't sell nearly as well as on the other platforms but it could be selling better if it were made easier for customers to find this game.

Chrizum said:
Esa-Petteri said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
yushire said:

I can't speak for others, but in my case a lot of retailers here made clear the Wii version of the game will not be sold in that particular store.

This may or may not be a widespread problem but it's hardly damage control. I think we can all agree this game doesn't sell nearly as well as on the other platforms but it could be selling better if it were made easier for customers to find this game.

It's easy for me to find and I travel throughout Florida quite often, so IDK what state you're in or anything, but everywhere in FL you can find it.

Wouldn't the better indicator of floppage be how many games have been sold? It's not like the Wii has been the go-to system for those who like online play.

Around the Network
misterd said:
Wouldn't the better indicator of floppage be how many games have been sold? It's not like the Wii has been the go-to system for those who like online play.

Yes, of course, but we are trying to guess legs via the gift of online numbers.

Hurrah.

Damage control comments are always welcome. Clearly the Wii isn't the console for the regular FPS buyers at the moment (perhaps will never be), but this doesn't mean we can't hope for ultimate and middling success.

Yes.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

FilaBrasileiro said:
yushire said:

Then good, I still cant find a copy of the Wii version. Though its been last week till I've visited retailers. I think Activision finally caught up ith demands? I HOPE SO.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
yushire said:

Then good, I still cant find a copy of the Wii version. Though its been last week till I've visited retailers. I think Activision finally caught up ith demands? I HOPE SO.

Where are you from? I've found all copies easily since launch.

Philippines. Anyway, I go out just to check if COD WAW was available, Im not intention on planning to buy it yet. I think next month and I finally found COD WAW Wii in the other retailers other than the one that I always buy Wii games.

I think the supply isnt the issue after all, its just what retailers you bought Wii games is the issue. Sometimes some retailers have COD WAW on stock and some retailers dont. You just have to find the right retailers... Anyway, this game will not become another Zack and Wiki. There are enough units to buy around....

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Hi all.

A brief online users update: 88,300 or so.

Should break 100,000 users by next weekend.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.