By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysis: First week CoD WaW Wii major flop, Medal of Honor breaks 500k

FilaBrasileiro said:
One_touch_KO said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
bazmeistergen said:

I am happy to announce that this game now has over 70,000 online users. That's a growth of 16,000 in a week.

This may hit 100,000 online users on 26th December.

We shall see.

Honest question and not trying to be a smartass or anything, but is that supposed to be good?

Considering that this game had ZERO marketing, I'd say it is an amazing achievment.

This game had zero marketing?

After the megaton that was COD4, Activision would be dumb not to advertise COD:WaW for the 360/PS3. The Wii version got very little advertising. Some, but not much. Considering that most purchases of this game were for two other systems, I'd say it's pretty good.

Around the Network
chasmatic12 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
One_touch_KO said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
bazmeistergen said:

I am happy to announce that this game now has over 70,000 online users. That's a growth of 16,000 in a week.

We shall see.

Honest question and not trying to be a smartass or anything, but is that supposed to be good?

Considering that this game had ZERO marketing, I'd say it is an amazing achievment.

After the megaton that was COD4, Activision would be dumb not to advertise COD:WaW for the 360/PS3. The Wii version got very little advertising. Some, but not much. Considering that most purchases of this game were for two other systems, I'd say it's pretty good.

But I don't see any of the commercial specifying platforms and I see the Wii (and PS2 and DS) logos at the end...

FilaBrasileiro said:

No, it actually got decent advertising.

I think people need to stop pointing fingers at the 3rd parties all the time. It's their fault in some cases, but it seems like they really put effort into this one. If you're annoyed at the slow, non-frontloaded sales, yell at the Wii owners for buying games long after they've been released

c0rd said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

I think people need to stop pointing fingers at the 3rd parties all the time. It's their fault in some cases, but it seems like they really put effort into this one. If you're annoyed at the slow, non-frontloaded sales, yell at the Wii owners for buying games long after they've been released

LOL the game wasnt even in the shelves of the retailers, even I experienced it. And the PS360 versions hyped even months before the game released and we only seen the Wii version at the E3, and say huh?!! THATS FOR THE WII? O_o eh? :?

I think it have ads right now but not before. I only seen the official trailer on the net only now. SO YEAH, it have minimal advertising compared to PS360 versions. The good news is it sell even with these reasons. SO YEAH...

More good news, its in 70,000 online accounts right now. WOOT!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
c0rd said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

LOL the game wasnt even in the shelves of the retailers, even I experienced it. And the PS360 versions hyped even months before the game released and we only seen the Wii version at the E3, and say huh?!! THATS FOR THE WII? O_o eh? :?

I think it have ads right now but not before. I only seen the official trailer on the net only now. SO YEAH, it have minimal advertising compared to PS360 versions. The good news is it sell even with these reasons. SO YEAH...

More good news, its in 70,000 online accounts right now. WOOT!

Okay, if people are having trouble finding it, I guess it's the retailers' fault. I just think Activision aren't being given enough credit for their effort on this one, that's all.

Btw, I finally found the commercial, though it's in horrible quality (interest in the Wii version just isn't there, hmm).

Around the Network
c0rd said:

Okay, if people are having trouble finding it, I guess it's the retailers' fault. I just think Activision aren't being given enough credit for their effort on this one, that's all.

Btw, I finally found the commercial, though it's in horrible quality (interest in the Wii version just isn't there, hmm).

LOL thats the commercial thekitchensink mentioned, good thing you upload it though...>_>

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

FilaBrasileiro said:
bazmeistergen said:

We shall see.

I think it is good because the game seems to be hitting a stable and continual number of sales. I would like to see the Wii version hit a million as it will encourage more developers. I doubt it will hit that number but one can only hope. 'Casual' FPS players seem to have the 360 version in the UK at least, so it will do well to hit a mill.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergen said:

I think it is good because the game seems to be hitting a stable and continual number of sales. I would like to see the Wii version hit a million as it will encourage more developers. I doubt it will hit that number but one can only hope. 'Casual' FPS players seem to have the 360 version in the UK at least, so it will do well to hit a mill.

ermmh...

from maxwellGT2000:

100k in the US alone, we're out of stock at my store so there's not good supply right now which is probably why there is no black friday boost for this game.

I think this game will slowly sell so come a few weeks from now it may be in the 250k range.

SERIOUSLY, who planned this?!!

Its like someone planned this to excuse themselves that not to develop a Wii game and saying see? Our game on the Wii dont sell. I mean, we make advertisements about it. JEEZ...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

World at War should see another 40k in its 4th week. The game still isn't selling well compared to other games in the holiday season, but 500k at least is guaranteed.

^^ 500 k for a CoD game is still a flop, the franchise is HUGE.