By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 hit 11 mil consoles sold by year's end?

leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:
mitsuhide said:
@Soriku:
Have you seen Killzone2? Have you seen GT5(i wouldnt say they are real as real life though thats far)? Do you even know what 4d is?

Good Graphics do not necessarily lead to good sales ...

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 were by far the two best looking games of the last generation and in a screen-shot/video competition can actually fare pretty well against anything that has been released for the PS3 or XBox 360. (This is from heavy use of pre-rendering but I'm simply talking about 'how it looks')

Both of those games sold well enough, and were profitable, but even though everyone who saw them said "wow" this never translated into massive sales ...

Why do you think gears of war sold well? The graphics had a big hit on the casuals. The gameplay was great was well. And since the poeple that bought resistance will most likely buy a killzone 2 copy, you can translate that into massive sales.

And Resistance as sold as of March07 2million copies and rising.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
CameronHall1 said:
leo-j and Sokiru All 3 consoles will all have amazing games no need to act fanboyish about the Wii and PS3 . For Wii Mario Kart is a must have for me( Im a fan of the Mario Kart seris. For PS3 MGS4 is a must have, FFXII( Im importing it from JAPAN), TEKKEN 6, GT5( love the GT seris) and maybe KILLZONE 2( The first one was Boring but this one the graphics are great hopefully the the gameplay can live up to the visuals) For 360 Splinter Cell Convictions( I love the Splinter Cell seris ), RE5( Its for PS3 also both will be great, BANJO THREEIE( I NEED IT NOW, and HALO WARS

I know they have amazing games, I know what mario kart is I have it for 64,GC, and ds. But everything is the same with nintendo thats why I never bought a wii its always mario, zelda, mario, zelda, mario zelda, etc... I got bored of it I needed something new!!  though I expect the sales of the 360 to remain minimal throught 08 there is nothing good coming out on it in 08. The wii might have something but it will be mario or zleda or rayman. The ps3 is the system that will eventually have the most games. Look at sales there picking up already and nothing new is comping out yet. The ps3 is just about to spike in sales, alot of people want it, when that game or that small price drop comes sales will rocket. From this holiday season and on the sales will stay consistingly well. Simply becuase they always drop the price in march. Then again unless there is a game (killzone2) that looks consistenly better than on a 360 we wont see it overcome anything.

mM
mitsuhide said:
leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:
mitsuhide said:
@Soriku:
Have you seen Killzone2? Have you seen GT5(i wouldnt say they are real as real life though thats far)? Do you even know what 4d is?

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 were by far the two best looking games of the last generation and in a screen-shot/video competition can actually fare pretty well against anything that has been released for the PS3 or XBox 360. (This is from heavy use of pre-rendering but I'm simply talking about 'how it looks')

Both of those games sold well enough, and were profitable, but even though everyone who saw them said "wow" this never translated into massive sales ...

Why do you think gears of war sold well? The graphics had a big hit on the casuals. The gameplay was great was well. And since the poeple that bought resistance will most likely buy a killzone 2 copy, you can translate that into massive sales.

to retailers.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
mitsuhide said:
leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:
mitsuhide said:
@Soriku:

to retailers.

Nope to CONSUMERS thats why 1.It went multiplatinum and 2.Sony announced it the same day they announced they had sold 1million PS3 to consumers in Europe so it wasnt March at all sorry it was May/June. 

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

johnsobas said:
mitsuhide said:
leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:
mitsuhide said:
@Soriku:

to retailers.

Oh lord, do you know a ps3 owner that doesnt own resistance in the first place? And it was to consumers.. it has sold 2 million already though the numbers have not been updated, and its still selling well for a ps3 game.

mM
Around the Network
Soriku said:
@leo-j

I was talking about PS3's 08 line-up which MGS4 and FF XIII are the known 'big' ones.

Actually GT 5 will sell more than both of those. A lot more.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

leo-j said:
Oh lord, do you know a ps3 owner that doesnt own resistance in the first place? And it was to consumers.. it has sold 2 million already though the numbers have not been updated, and its still selling well for a ps3 game.

Currently vgchartz has it listed at 1.5 Million sold and its total numbers for North America and Japan match the total on the Weekly charts (for a grand total of 900,000 k) ... If you assume that lack of updating is entirely in the Others region then every single PS3 owner outside of North America and Japan has bought Resistance.

Much like Killzone, the numbers that fanboys have been passing around are not correct!

HappySqurriel said:
leo-j said:

Currently vgchartz has it listed at 1.5 Million sold and its total numbers for North America and Japan match the total on the Weekly charts (for a grand total of 900,000 k) ... If you assume that lack of updating is entirely in the Others region then every single PS3 owner outside of North America and Japan has bought Resistance.

Much like Killzone, the numbers that fanboys have been passing around are not correct!

Its been listed at 1.5million sold since 3 weeks ago!!

mM

apparently everyone in europe bought resistance for a 100% attach rate, thats amazing.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

leo-j said:
johnsobas said:
mitsuhide said:
leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:
mitsuhide said:
@Soriku:

to retailers.

I thought we all knew that when Sony announces sales numbers it's manufactured units (up until recently that is and that was changed to shipped to retail).

Back when the 2 million figure was announced that was using the manufactured method of reporting.

Sony, as with all companies, only reports numbers with a single method to esnure disambiguation of the product.    Claiming it was sold to consumers is completely against Sony's own figure reporting policy at the time.

Read more >>   Options >>  

The rEVOLution is not being televised