By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 hit 11 mil consoles sold by year's end?

@Soriku:
Have you seen Killzone2? Have you seen GT5(i wouldnt say they are real as real life though thats far)? Do you even know what 4d is?

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@leo-j

I was talking about PS3's 08 line-up which MGS4 and FF XIII are the known 'big' ones.

.....no there's more..

Heavy rain

Mgs4

FFXIII + versus

Infamous

and more yet unannounced

What is the "big" wii line up coming in 08? Mario kart, and another zelda game.

mM
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
@leo-j

I was talking about PS3's 08 line-up which MGS4 and FF XIII are the known 'big' ones.

.....no there's more..

Heavy rain

Mgs4

FFXIII + versus

Infamous

and more yet unannounced

PS3 list is bigger:
LittleBigPlanet
LA Noire
The Other R* exclusive that was just announced.
Eight Days
GT5(the prologue is this year full game next year)
Monster Hunter3 (i believe)(its big in Japan)
and possibly more.

mitsuhide said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
@leo-j

.....no there's more..

Heavy rain

Mgs4

FFXIII + versus

Infamous

and more yet unannounced

PS3 list is bigger:
LittleBigPlanet
LA Noire
Eight Days
and possibly more.

Sorry thanks for the clarification, I forgot about eight days and those other ps3 "big" exclusives coming out in 2008 :D

mM
mitsuhide said:
@Soriku:
Have you seen Killzone2? Have you seen GT5(i wouldnt say they are real as real life though thats far)? Do you even know what 4d is?

Good Graphics do not necessarily lead to good sales ...

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 were by far the two best looking games of the last generation and in a screen-shot/video competition can actually fare pretty well against anything that has been released for the PS3 or XBox 360. (This is from heavy use of pre-rendering but I'm simply talking about 'how it looks')

Both of those games sold well enough, and were profitable, but even though everyone who saw them said "wow" this never translated into massive sales ...

Around the Network

I know but it will be a big release whether the sales follow through i dont know but it will sell atleast 2million.

leo-j said:
mitsuhide said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
@leo-j

.....no there's more..

Heavy rain

Mgs4

FFXIII + versus

Infamous

and more yet unannounced

PS3 list is bigger:
LittleBigPlanet
LA Noire
Eight Days
and possibly more.

Sorry thanks for the clarification, I forgot about eight days and those other ps3 "big" exclusives coming out in 2008 :D

No problem there is probably more but i cant remember them:D 

leo-j and Sokiru All 3 consoles will all have amazing games no need to act fanboyish about the Wii and PS3 . For Wii Mario Kart is a must have for me( Im a fan of the Mario Kart seris. For PS3 MGS4 is a must have, FFXII( Im importing it from JAPAN), TEKKEN 6, GT5( love the GT seris) and maybe KILLZONE 2( The first one was Boring but this one the graphics are great hopefully the the gameplay can live up to the visuals) For 360 Splinter Cell Convictions( I love the Splinter Cell seris ), RE5( Its for PS3 also both will be great, BANJO THREEIE( I NEED IT NOW, and HALO WARS

HappySqurriel said:
mitsuhide said:
@Soriku:

Good Graphics do not necessarily lead to good sales ...

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 were by far the two best looking games of the last generation and in a screen-shot/video competition can actually fare pretty well against anything that has been released for the PS3 or XBox 360. (This is from heavy use of pre-rendering but I'm simply talking about 'how it looks')

Both of those games sold well enough, and were profitable, but even though everyone who saw them said "wow" this never translated into massive sales ...

Why do you think gears of war sold well? The graphics had a big hit on the casuals. The gameplay was great was well. And since the poeple that bought resistance will most likely buy a killzone 2 copy, you can translate that into massive sales.

mM

Nice list of good games for all systems there alot of PS3 titles which is good :D