By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How well will Gran Turismo 5 do?

It depends on if there is a worlwide release. If so, Grand Turismo 5 will sell 1.5 million first week of sales. Lifetime sales will probably be between 10 million-15million copies worldwide. Grand Tursimo is a huge franchise. It will definitely sell pretty well.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Oh, yeah. This might be relevant.

For the time GT3 sold most of its sales, Ps2 had these userbases in the different areas.

Others: 3.1M  to 16.7M

Americas: 3.4M to 21.5M

Japan: 5.6M to 13.4M

GT3 sold this in that period:

Others: ~ 5M

Americas: ~ 6.5M

Japan: ~ 1.9M

So, with this, I would say this.

GT5:

Others: 5-7M

Americas: 4-6M

Japan: ~ 1M

So I see it as a definate 10M seller.

I basically agree with this.

Though I can't help but feel that with GT5's lengthy development cycle and the entrance of Forza on the scene, GT's hype will be deflated somehwat (though very little), so it may barely reach the 10 million mark.

If MGS4 got 1.3M first day... I say GT5 2.1M First Day.....

8.5-11M LTD

4 ≈ One

Probably 2 million first week worldwide

I'd give it 8-9 million lifetime.

Back when GT was big people also liked Whipeout...

Racing games aren't that popular anymore.

But still, sales of 5.5-6 million copies of GT5 ww lifetime isn't impossable.

Around the Network

I can see it reaching 33% of attach rate juss like GTAIV did in Americas... so considering its release at late 2009 it would reach 10 million.

atma998 said:
Ok let's use logic here...

GT4 did 10 millions on a userbase of 125 millions PS2. Why a GT5 on a 20-30 millions userbase would do better?

GT3 did about 14 millions on a smaller userbase right but also on the most popular console of its time. So the userbase increased very quickly as GT3 sales.

Now PS3 is a far different story. It's the less popular console of its time. Plus GT5 have solid competition this gen in the name of Motorstorm. Also no game on PS3 is close to 10 millions even GTAIV which is considered by many as 'the game of the gen'.

conclusion : GT5 will do around 4 millions LTD Worldwide.

I'm waiting for the logic..... any time now.

Mummelmann said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Oh, yeah. This might be relevant.

For the time GT3 sold most of its sales, Ps2 had these userbases in the different areas.

Others: 3.1M  to 16.7M

Americas: 3.4M to 21.5M

Japan: 5.6M to 13.4M

GT3 sold this in that period:

Others: ~ 5M

Americas: ~ 6.5M

Japan: ~ 1.9M

So, with this, I would say this.

GT5:

Others: 5-7M

Americas: 4-6M

Japan: ~ 1M

So I see it as a definate 10M seller.

I agree with this, GT 3 stayed in many top 20 bestseller lists for 3-4 or even 5 years in some places and is the very definition of legs in my book. I don't know why people suddenly expect this series to have half or one third of the sales from previous installments, makes little sense despite the relatively low (current) install base.

Before I wrote the post in this thread, I was one of those people. I originally wrote it as "Why I don't see GT5 making 10M". Then I looked at the data, and realized I was wrong, and had to change the entire post.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I'd say 8-10 million.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

9-13 million lifetime.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com