By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock Gets a perfect 10/10 from OXM Magazine UK

ckmlb said:
StarcraftManiac said:
@ CKMLB: Is it..... No it can't be!... Is it truly XBOX LIVE?!... REVOLUTIONARY!!!

huh?

It's called Sarcasm!... I just made the Xbox live up for the Xbots who don't want to know its coming to PS3.... ...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

This game should be pretty phenomenal. It looks extremely well-produced and very inventive.

I wonder how much it being released on PC simultaneously will hurt the 360. Two of my roomates WILL NOT buy it because, 1. They can run it to look better on their PC, and 2. They can pirate it on the PC much easier.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

ckmlb said:

Edit: Before you say it's because it's coming on PC too, check the boxes of Gears and Lost Planet.

yes, just like MGS4 is coming to X360...rumor

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Hmm, so I just watched the 14 minute Bioshock in Depth Demo and yeah, I'm sold. ^^

When is this game getting released?

-edit-
Bah, August 21st!?  That's going to be a hard choice between MP3 and Bioshock.

StarcraftManiac said:
ckmlb said:
StarcraftManiac said:
@ CKMLB: Is it..... No it can't be!... Is it truly XBOX LIVE?!... REVOLUTIONARY!!!

huh?

It's called Sarcasm!... I just made the Xbox live up for the Xbots who don't want to know its coming to PS3.... ...

huh?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I'm really looking forward to this. It's certainly a game to buy. Soriku this isn't really an FPS, it's more an adventure like Metroid is.

Offtopic though, I am very disturbed by anyone who rates Halo 2 better than Halo >_>

Whaaa? Bioshock was supposed to be August 4th! Thats insane, going up against MP8.

I wonder, if Bioshock got a 10/10 - I wonder where the median score will wind up? Could it garner a 90%+? That'd be great.

Just because a X360 game doesn't have multiplayer doesn't mean it'll sell bad, or be bad. Oblivion didn't have online....And sold just fine :)

But, as everyone else has said, and predicted. Bioshock might do poorly. HOWEVER, if the ratings put the game out as being too-good-to-be-true kind of uber-FPS that really IS that great, we could see great legs. Also, it seems that preorders/hype for the game is starting to build, from what I've seen. IMO, it could hit 100-150k first week, and have great legs as it might be a great 2nd purchase for the Halo-tards that will buy X360s in September.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@twesterm - I'm sorry, but if I had to choose (and I won't, I'll get both), Bioshock is comin' home with me. Once I heard there was a spiritual successor to System Shock 2, I knew it was all I ever needed or wanted in life, ever. And I love Metroid.

@stof - If people can't find a certain item/room/switch, it'll be because they're a bit slow, and not any fault of the game design or designers. These guys know what they're doing; I'm sure there'll be some navigational assistance. Not that you were necessarily suggesting otherwise, but just felt like clarifying.

@IllegalPaladin - You must be excited about this game! Immediately! If you like first-person shooters with ingenious combat scenarios and RPG-stats/upgrade systems, you'll love this. And wait 'til you hear what these people can do with sound: ambient, creature voicework/sound-effects, etc. System Shock 2 was just downright frightening, and now Irrational has a budget like they never have, with 2KGames backing them, so the graphics are finally top-notch as well. Ken Levine is brilliant, and I'm so thrilled that he's finally in the spotlight with this project. The world will see what Irrational's really made of.

@libellule - Forget multiplayer. If you want a single player game, then get Bioshock. If you want multiplayer, play a game that specializes in it. I wouldn't want to play a crummy, tacked-on multiplayer mode for any game that had a solid-in-itself single player experience. If lack of multiplayer causes the downfall of this game, I'll eat my hat.

Edit - Frankly, whether this game sells well or not, it will be one of the best games ever made. Many of the best games ever have been sleeper hits (Earthbound, anyone?). It's been proven that the majority of the population doesn't appreciate a great game when they get it, and love crap wherever they can find enough to roll in.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

Halo 2 multiplayer > Halo multiplayer so it makes sense for people who put Halo multiplayer over single player.

About the on xbox only thing, from what I understood it is put there for console exclusivity. When it's missing it means that it is not forever an xbox exclusive. I could be wrong but from what I've seen that seems to be right.

The look of this game is so awesome. The story is amazing, so much better and more refreshing than the average story of a shooter. AI is great, weapons, plamsmids look awesome, graphics look great.

I really haven't seen a single thing I have not like in the least about this game. I want this game to be in my hands very very soon.

They even nail the feel. Rare is a game that establishes its feel so well as this game, at least from what I can see. The whole 1950s city underwater and drowning is just surreal. Old music, old style cartoon instruction videos, the appearence of the locations and everything just comes together so well.

I have very high expectations for this game. This is the shooter I am most excited about this year.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I think some people are misinformed slightly. This game is a shooter, it's not an adventure game. It does have a few RPG elements, but the developers said already, this is a shooter first and foremost.

Also, they are going to have multiplayer in the sequel if they make one at least that's what the developer implied in an interview.

You cannot compare Oblivion with this. This is a shooter, average shooter fans want multiplayer, Oblivion is infinitely long, this is a 15-20 hour experience and all single player. I still think this will sell ok, but not great.

I hope I'm wrong because this looks to be better than Halo 3 in my eyes unless the Halo 3 story really surprises me.

PS. The Halo-tards will not buy a 2nd game, they will buy Halo and play it for the rest of the year. The problem is that Halo is infinitely replayable, just see how many people are still playing Halo 2...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!