By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock Gets a perfect 10/10 from OXM Magazine UK

ckmlb said:

To put this in perspective.

Halo got 9.5/10

Halo 2 got 9.7/10

PC Gamer gave it a 95%

By the way Bioshock box doesn't have Only on Xbox on it hint... hint...

Edit: Before you say it's because it's coming on PC too, check the boxes of Gears and Lost Planet.

-Inconceivably great plot
-Tough, scary combat
-Perfect location design
-Stunning soundtrack and audio effects
-Endless variety of weaponry

Wow.  About Halo and Halo 2.......those were done on an old scale.  Bioshock is on a .5 scale.

Bioshock doesn't have Only on Xbox because it is coming to PC...

Gears of War and Lost Planet were 360-exclusives when they came out, making your point completely invalid. 

Around the Network
AZRoboto said:
ckmlb said:

Halo got 9.5/10

Halo 2 got 9.7/10

PC Gamer gave it a 95%

Edit: Before you say it's because it's coming on PC too, check the boxes of Gears and Lost Planet.

-Tough, scary combat
-Perfect location design

Wow.  About Halo and Halo 2.......those were done on an old scale.  Bioshock is on a .5 scale.

Bioshock doesn't have Only on Xbox because it is coming to PC...

Gears of War and Lost Planet were 360-exclusives when they came out, making your point completely invalid. 

agree with Roboto, they had only on xbox when they came out because there was no plans for it to be released later.  Theres even some 360 games that had that on the box but later came out on ps3 i.e. Enchanted Arms.

This doesnt hint at anything about it going to be on sony, with as big of a rumor mill the video game industry is, have u heard any respectable publications actually hint at what ur trying to claim?

prlatino86 said:
AZRoboto said:

agree with Roboto, they had only on xbox when they came out because there was no plans for it to be released later. Theres even some 360 games that had that on the box but later came out on ps3 i.e. Enchanted Arms.

This doesnt hint at anything about it going to be on sony, with as big of a rumor mill the video game industry is, have u heard any respectable publications actually hint at what ur trying to claim?

I think that they were probably debunked, but there were/are(?) rumors of Bioshock going to the PS3. 

Game looks really good should do very well in sales.

My big problem with this game is that it's entirely (or nearly so) a single player experience. Single player first person shooters tend to be facile, in my experience, and take very little skill. I haven't run in to an FPS I can't beat with ease in quite some time -- perhaps this will change that, though. If reviews maintain this level of strength, I will pick it up for my PC when the time comes.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

Halo got 9.5/10

Halo 2 got 9.7/10

PC Gamer gave it a 95%

-Tough, scary combat
-Perfect location design

yeah i thought i heard something about this game coming to ps3.... i dont know if that is what your hinting at but that would be my guess.....

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000 

ckmlb said:

Halo got 9.5/10

Halo 2 got 9.7/10

PC Gamer gave it a 95%

-Tough, scary combat
-Perfect location design

Sorry, Ck, but it's coming on PC too. Gears and Lost Planet weren't announced for the PC when they come out on the 360. That's the difference, nothing to see here. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
My big problem with this game is that it's entirely (or nearly so) a single player experience. Single player first person shooters tend to be facile, in my experience, and take very little skill. I haven't run in to an FPS I can't beat with ease in quite some time -- perhaps this will change that, though. If reviews maintain this level of strength, I will pick it up for my PC when the time comes.

Yep. I agree that veteran FPS players tend to sleepwalk through single-player campaigns. I know I do. The last one that I didn't beat was Doom 3 because I kept playing the end boss while drunk with virtually no ammo. In fact, I think I played the last half of the game while extremely intoxicated and that's why I didn't have any ammo in the first place...

Anyway, even if Bioshock is easy, I won't mind. That game looks to bring such cool environments and gameplay that I won't mind too much if it's a little easy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Bodhesatva said:

Yep. I agree that veteran FPS players tend to sleepwalk through single-player campaigns. I know I do. The last one that I didn't beat was Doom 3 because I kept playing the end boss while drunk with virtually no ammo. In fact, I think I played the last half of the game while extremely intoxicated and that's why I didn't have any ammo in the first place...

Anyway, even if Bioshock is easy, I won't mind. That game looks to bring such cool environments and gameplay that I won't mind too much if it's a little easy.

And I agree with you -- the game looks incredibly cool on an aesthetic level. Audio and visual aesthetics. 

Bioshock was firstly develloped for PS3 (and PC)
then stopped, and develloped for Xbox360.

It is an Xbox360 / PC exclusive
we dont know if a PS3 version is coming later.

@PlagueOfLocust,

do you think Deux EX/systemshock/systemshock2 are still great gaming experience today ?

I wanted to play it, but I m affraid that the graphism are too bad (particularly SystemShock ..)

Time to Work !