By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wonders how many idiots cling to Nintendo not being "Hardcore"

I think the wii has plenty of core games...it just hasn't in the past six months. The first six months of this year kicked plenty of ass, but this tail end hasn't been doing so hot. Inferior ports of games on the HD systems, and a couple of interesting titles like de blob. But compared to what the competition has been doing that past few months...eh...well, I haven't touched my wii in some time.

I definitely will when Sin and Punishment 2, and No More Heroes 2 come out, and MAYBE the conduit but right now compared to the onslaught of awesome games on the HD systems the wii doesn't have much to compete with for the core gamer's attention.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

okay so the wii is winning this gen in sales/profit and such.

But PS3 owners are enjoying thier consoles a lot more. Have you wii fans seen Killzone 2 gameplay videos? the game looks stunning. I don't care if PS3 is losing in sales, I'm enjoying some amazing games. I'm working on resistance 2 right now. Killzone 2 in February, Can't wait for Gran Turismo 5.

coolestguyever said:
okay so the wii is winning this gen in sales/profit and such.

But PS3 owners are enjoying thier consoles a lot more. Have you wii fans seen Killzone 2 gameplay videos? the game looks stunning. I don't care if PS3 is losing in sales, I'm enjoying some amazing games. I'm working on resistance 2 right now. Killzone 2 in February, Can't wait for Gran Turismo 5.

I think that's kind of a subjective blanket statement.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

this is and always has been the argument.

Wii fan: Get a Wii it is going to win this gen.

Other fan: I would, but it doesn't have anything I consider worth while except SMG, SSBB, Metroid, and Zelda. Plus I haven't heard any good announcements lately and in the last month it's gotten only wiiware and party games, I need something more mature and consistent.

Wii fan: Idiot

and then it goes on and on and on because each time a great game comes out wii fan goes "ok how about now" to which the other fan replies "3 great games just came out the other system, if Wii had a great shooter then maybe I would think about it"

several months later
Wii fan: Yay for the Conduit. Ok so will you buy it now?
Other fan: I don't like the graphics, after playing gears 2/R2 it just doesn't look appealing as a next gen game
Wii fan: Idiot

on and on and on and on

It also goes this way:

Wii fan: I am satisfied with the games on the Wii right now.

Other fan: How is that possible? There's what, like three good games on the system.

Wii fan: Actually there's plenty to play.

Other fan: Oh come on, where are big third party games and new IPs like the HD consoles get? You can't be serious, the Wii isn't even a real gaming system.

Wii fan: My tastes obviously differ from yours then.

Other fan: But the Wii is a toy!!!

It goes both ways :P

hence why I said "and on and on and on"

I'm just quite done with arguing about the consoles. They are each good. Some just appeal more to me, and anecdotally I can only speak for myself.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

It goes both ways :P

hence why I said "and on and on and on"

I'm just quite done with arguing about the consoles. They are each good. Some just appeal more to me, and anecdotally I can only speak for myself.

So you admit that you don't have any friends. That might be because you have a PS3. Get a Wii. Now. Just do it.

*hides behind bushes*

*watches Nike get angry*

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network

well none that i talk to about video games, and none that tell me about their preferences. For example none of my friends own ps3, not one. 4 own wiis and three own 360. They don't debate though like we do on this site, so yeah I can only speak for myself.

I had a wii, now my GFs sister has it and she owns about 23 games.

I hate to quote this sethnintendo, but..........."Here's your sign"

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
well none that i talk to about video games, and none that tell me about their preferences. For example none of my friends own ps3, not one. 4 own wiis and three own 360. They don't debate though like we do on this site, so yeah I can only speak for myself.

I had a wii, now my GFs sister has it and she owns about 23 games.

I need to buy more Wii games, can't allow to be beaten by a female being.

this is who you are up against.

I really don't mind the meltdowns and angry people. I like my wii, I would have bought more games for it if I had more money, and more ds games too. I just see the other fanboy's like the republicans this election. They act almost the same way.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

sethnintendo said:
Don't mean to offend anyone with the word idiot but the comments I listed above shows very little intelligence.

Well, with all the troll posts from so-called "hardcore gamers", I now pretty much always read the word "hardcore" as "idiot". So, your topic title is fine to me.

I was actually thinking about making an add-on for my browser (or use an existing which would provide the functionality) that would atomatically replace the word "hardcore" by "idiot" in the pages I browse. It would make reading these trolling topics much more enjoyable.