By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wonders how many idiots cling to Nintendo not being "Hardcore"

I was just surfing the news on a few sites and I came across G4 site which I have never been to till tonight.  It was a newsfeed about Fil-Aime saying something that they aren't devoloping a new system yet.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/690962/Nintendo_Claims_Wii_Does_Not_Have_A_Follower.html

Here are some of the comments.....

"I consider myself a Harcore adult gamer, and I haven't seen a single game to warrant purchasing a Wii. And I've heard too many people say they barely touch there Wii anymore. When Nintendo Shifts there focus to Hardcore Gamers instead of Casual Gamers I'll start paying attention again."

"nintendo still makes games? games for the hard core?"

"Ooh, I got an idea!
how about making some games for Wii that hardcore gamers would want to play? You know, instead of another game with the same premise, or a re-hash of a game on a different console.

All I know is, for every Mario, Zelda, or Metroid, their's like a dozen "family games".
Kind of annoying"

"The wii is awful the games suck(cept for tanks on wii play gotta admit thats kinda addictive) I got a ps3 my neighbors got a wii and another one of my neiighbors got a 360 and i hate going to there house caz i dont wanna play em thay dont wanna play em but they think i wanna play em. If the wii had good games i d like."

"Nintendo makes software. They don't make games anymore, they just make software.

They need to stop making "Wii sports" and "Wii Sports Resort" and "Wii kcuf you in the ass*ole" and start making games.

They have some very talented developers, but they need to stop ignoring real gamers for money."

"I've been a Nintendo fan since the day I was born. And even though I am a little disappointed in the lack of hard core games I haven't been this buff or healthy ever. Since I bought wii fit I've been playing it about every other day so the wii is a little more than just a game consul to me!!"

I was just reading a few comments about the article and I just kept cracking up.  According to some of the comments Nintendo is just full of rehashes or not hardcore games.  I guess it is okay to make 2-4 sequels of a FPS since FPS are so hardcore?  I guess they forgot about Metroid Prime 3?  Everyone is allowed their own opinion but I think they are just jealous that Nintendo is on top this generation (and that it isn't filled with a billion FPS).  Anyways, they can vent all they want because it isn't going to change anything.  I just thought that most of these comments were very idiotic.

Around the Network

Don't mean to offend anyone with the word idiot but the comments I listed above shows very little intelligence.

"I've been a Nintendo fan since the day I was born. And even though I am a little disappointed in the lack of hard core games I haven't been this buff or healthy ever. Since I bought wii fit I've been playing it about every other day so the wii is a little more than just a game consul to me!!"

Do you think this guy is an idiot too? I mean besides the fact that he thinks the wii is some kind of roman game representative.

I'm far from being in that 13 to 18 year old crowd anymore who need to justify their enjoyment in a hobby based on who else does it so I personally don’t care whether some pretentious blogger/analyst/journalist believes the Wii is for "Hardcore" gamers or not.

For me, it's not that the Wii isn't "core", it's that Nintendo is one of the few companies on the system bringing it.

Theres alot of reasons why this is happening, and alot of them have to do with Nintendo themselves.

Hell, I'd be happy if Nintendo keeps doing what it's been doing for the past 2 years (1 core title every 3-4 months) but with Wii Music and Animal Crossing the only things to look forward to this season (Animal Crossing is alright, but I'm sick of it after the DS version), It'll be perhaps half a year before we see another "core" title.

Also, I don't think you should use FPS's as an example, because last time I checked, MP3 was classified First Person Action/Adventure (even by Nintendo), so really the Wii has 2 decent shooters (MOH and W@W).

AND, yes we are all realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly jealous that Nintendo is on top this generation (I'm sorry, but you saying that is just as bad as any of the other comments. Ever heard of "bringing yourself down to their level"? well you just did that)

Around the Network

this is and always has been the argument.

Wii fan: Get a Wii it is going to win this gen.

Other fan: I would, but it doesn't have anything I consider worth while except SMG, SSBB, Metroid, and Zelda. Plus I haven't heard any good announcements lately and in the last month it's gotten only wiiware and party games, I need something more mature and consistent.

Wii fan: Idiot

and then it goes on and on and on because each time a great game comes out wii fan goes "ok how about now" to which the other fan replies "3 great games just came out the other system, if Wii had a great shooter then maybe I would think about it"

several months later
Wii fan: Yay for the Conduit. Ok so will you buy it now?
Other fan: I don't like the graphics, after playing gears 2/R2 it just doesn't look appealing as a next gen game
Wii fan: Idiot

on and on and on and on

I don't know...its been well over a year since the Wii has gotten any games that are anything like Metroid Prime. There is really nothing on the Horizon, nothing new except what, Wii Music? Come on.

It's not that the Wii doesn't have ANY decent 1st party games that could be considered "hardcore" its that they have obviously realized "hey Metroid Prime costs millions to make and sells a 10th what crap we can throw together in a weekend for "casuals" costs, lets move our time to those games!".

The Wii has been ramping down its game production for anyone who doesn't think that Nintendogs and Wii Fit are the pinnacle of gaming while the competition is ramping up.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo isn't hardcore. Hardcore means losing tons of money to satisfy teenagers. Even if the Wii had FPS, sandbox games and whatever else in droves, it still wouldn't be hardcore.

Not true, the SNES had plenty of really good, deep games that didn't all look like they were designed for 10 year olds and stay at home moms (like everything I've seen on the Wii since Smash Bros).  Nintendo is quite capable of making a "hardcore" system, they just choose not to now because they can make much more money with crap then with production value games.  They know what most of their money market for the Wii and DS is now, and its the very old, the very young and women.  Notice who they talked about at the keynote (and had present even), the only demo they mentioned at all was the old lady who is home a lot demo.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

I don't think so. I think Nintendo has a vault full of core games that is has ready for any occasion. I think they have been developing games for quite some time and are waiting for a "capital" opportunity to release them. they aren't stupid.

im an idiot i guess... My wii hasnt seen any "hardcore" gaming since resident evil 4.