By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cod4 quite simply the greatest multiplayer this gen no doubt!

megaman2 said:
Hapimeses said:
megaman2 said:
Million said:
I think he's referring to Team Fortress 2

Is that a pc game? im not much a pc gamer i prefer the controller as oppose to mouse and keyboard.

Yes, a PC game, and a 360 one, and a PS3 one. Check out the Orange Box for TF2 fun (which is one of the best value purchases you can make with 5 games included).

I heard the orange box ps3 version is very bad.

That all depends on who you hear it from

Give it a try!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
Spankey said:
megaman2 said:
Hapimeses said:
megaman2 said:
Million said:
I think he's referring to Team Fortress 2

Is that a pc game? im not much a pc gamer i prefer the controller as oppose to mouse and keyboard.

Yes, a PC game, and a 360 one, and a PS3 one. Check out the Orange Box for TF2 fun (which is one of the best value purchases you can make with 5 games included).

I heard the orange box ps3 version is very bad.

That all depends on who you hear it from

Give it a try!

Indeed. Given I can buy it for only £12, it's a complete steal. The games rock, and the 'very bad' line is simply wrong. Sure, it's not 100% stable in regards framerate during some heavy moments, and there are some minor flaws, but the games rock so much you rarely care. Unless you have another platform to compare it to in your home, you will never know.

Really, how can a game that consistently reviewed at about 90% be 'very bad'?

Well the PC version has tons of updates as well as custom map and gametype support, which the PS3 version lacks.

Still, I'd place the TF2 PS3 version ahead of COD4.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

TF2 isn't in the same league as COD4. They are so different.

I'd going to have to agree with megaman - best multiplayer title this gen and for me, best multiplayer thus far.

eddie182 said:
TF2 isn't in the same league as COD4. They are so different.

I'd going to have to agree with megaman2 - best multiplayer title this gen and for me, best multiplayer thus far.

you have great taste, i will check out team fortress 2.

Around the Network

Mario Kart Wii no doubt.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

sieanr said:
Well the PC version has tons of updates as well as custom map and gametype support, which the PS3 version lacks.

Still, I'd place the TF2 PS3 version ahead of COD4.

But then the PC generally always has features unavailable on console equivalents (the inevitable mods, at the very least), that doesn't lessen the quality of the original game, it just means one platform adds more than another. For the price, and if you don't have another platform, I feel the Orange Box makes a marvellous addition to any PS3 gaming collection. The very low price tags found on the net make it well worth it, especially for Portal and Half Life 2.

sieanr said:
someone hasnt payed tf2

Seriously? TF2 is awful. The graphics are cartoonish and it is ridiculously complicated.

Look at Counter Strike. Nice, simple, effective.

Having said that, yes, COD4 has the best multiplayer on the PS3. It's pretty much tied with Halo 3 this gen.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
sieanr said:
someone hasnt payed tf2

Seriously? TF2 is awful. The graphics are cartoonish and it is ridiculously complicated.

Having said that, yes, COD4 has the best multiplayer on the PS3. It's pretty much tied with Halo 3 this gen.

the only possible reason i could imagine anyone saying that is if the sucked terribly at it. It only takes a few hours to learn all the classes and be able to get a reasonable kill:death ratio in public servers. imo TF2 is the best multiplayer game of this gen by far (judging off PC version). i cant believe anyone would say it is awful.... clearly havent played it at all/much or suck at it

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

thanny said:
Kantor said:
sieanr said:
someone hasnt payed tf2

the only possible reason i could imagine anyone saying that is if the sucked terribly at it. It only takes a few hours to learn all the classes and be able to get a reasonable kill:death ratio in public servers. imo TF2 is the best multiplayer game of this gen by far (judging off PC version). i cant believe anyone would say it is awful.... clearly havent played it at all/much or suck at it

I played it for half an hour and could not bear to play any more. Multiplayer shooters should be simple, like COD4 and CS.

Worst game Valve have ever made. In fact, probably the only bad game they've ever made (what about TF1?)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective