By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cod4 quite simply the greatest multiplayer this gen no doubt!

As you may know I have posted a similar thread paying tribute to 'the greatest game released this gen mgs4' but I felt I had to pay tribute to Ifinity Wards masterpiece Call of Duty 4. This game when it comes to multiplayer is simply in a league of its own, just as Mgs4 this gen is in a league of its own.

Let me explain why this game in terms of multiplayer will be never be topped this gen! (IMO) Last generation I had never played any shooting game I only used to play football games with my mates and Grand Theft Auto, last gen there was not much emphasis on shooters so it was not on my radar. However that changed Dec 2007 when Call of Duty 4 was released, I really had no expectations for this game and did not know what to expect. The single player was immense and I thoroughly enjoyed it, But its the multiplayer where cod4 shines.

The multiplayer in this game is unbelievable, when I first played an online match it scared me lol I was like wtf is going on the action was fast paced and I kept dying. When I started out I was rubbish I kept dying and I was quite frankly frustrated, but i stuck with it and as time went on I became better and better and have become a pro. Every match I enter im always in the top 3 usually number 1 lol, My psn is omar5500 if you need some training lol.

The modern warfare setting is absolutely brilliant, all the maps are amazing and the modern warfare setting just adds more value to the experience. There are many modes to choose from and they all are amazing except domination, domination sucks lol. I have been playing the multiplayer for a year now and still im not bored its that good, honestly dont think any game could possible top this multiplayer, this is multiplayer that people will remember years from now and for that reason in a months time people will forget all about about Call of Duty World at War.

If this game could ever be topped only Ifinity Ward knows, but they have sure raised the bar. I have played many shooters since cod4 such as r6v, Resistance, Far cry 2, Ghost Recon 2 and many more. The cod4 multiplayer is so good its sometimes can ruin the multiplayer of other shooter because Ifinity Ward has raised the bar so high that every shooter will be compared to the masterpiece that is Call of Duty 4.

In conclusion -

Call of duty 4 greatest Multiplayer game this gen no doubt!

Metal Gear Solid 4 greatest game this gen no doubt!

Edit Twesterm greatest mod this gen no doubt!!

Please Discuss!

Edit - Why is this in the sony forums im talking about the cod4 ps3 version

Around the Network

someone hasnt payed tf2

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
someone hasnt played tf2

What game is that

I think he's referring to Team Fortress 2

Million said:

Is that a pc game? im not much a pc gamer i prefer the controller as oppose to mouse and keyboard.

Around the Network

what about k2 I will have to wait for it until i give the title to cod4 but as of right now cod4 is the best in my opinion.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I give the Best MP award to Halo 3, but Cod4 gets 2nd.

craighopkins said:
I give the Best MP award to Halo 3, but Cod4 gets 2nd.

does halo 3 have the same modes e.g search and destroy

megaman2 said:
Million said:

Is that a pc game? im not much a pc gamer i prefer the controller as oppose to mouse and keyboard.

Yes, a PC game, and a 360 one, and a PS3 one. Check out the Orange Box for TF2 fun (which is one of the best value purchases you can make with 5 games included).

Hapimeses said:
megaman2 said:
Million said:

Yes, a PC game, and a 360 one, and a PS3 one. Check out the Orange Box for TF2 fun (which is one of the best value purchases you can make with 5 games included).

I heard the orange box ps3 version is very bad.