By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I am not a hater, but Wii is not moving software

Naum said:
only third party? that's not fair, it's not Nintendo fault that they are the greatest videogame makers.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion in this matter. I don't consider nintendo games even interesting and of course it is nintendo's fault if someone else considers them the greatest videogame makers. ;)

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
wow nice cherry picking of one week. Nevermind that page 1 is flooded with new releases on 360 and PS3 and not 1 for Wii, but gears of war makes up almost half of the 360 sales.

Well whose fault is it when a multiplatform like Quantum of solace shows up on charts for 360 AND ps3 but not for the wii?

How about mysims kingdom or naruto:conr2? Aren't those new releases?

Is this thread serious? Really?

This has to be a joke thread. It's a rehash of something 3 trolls have said recently by cherry picking this week. And Kulle is just the sockpuppet that's meant to be the punchline.

Everybody wants to be a Rol.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

i agree with you somewhat.

The wii isn't pushing software that I think deserves to be pushed ie "metorid 3" being one game.

I am surprised how well the shit games actually do sell. Just look at the top 20wii games on vgchartz and you will see that metroid 3 should be higher up on that list.

Also if wii did have blockbuster 3rd party games then we would see some more sales.

Nintendo's lack luster advertising does not help either.

some more, being poor scores.

example being quantum of solice wii version averaging around 5 the other consoles around 7. Obviously that doesn't convince me to buy it on Wii over say PS3.

Around the Network

Why give reasonable reply when you can say stupid stuff and try to be funny?

Another question, why does the Wii have 29 million sellers 15 (16 if you count Sonic / Mario) published by Big N and the Xbox 360 47 million sellers (11 published by MS). Of course the Wii has a 13.5 million (!!!) larger Userbase. They should have significantly more million sellers shouldn't they?

Please poit out, where I am wrong.

*edit* 5 of the 29 million seller are bundled with hardware in any form.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I think he's saying that considering how large the Wii install base is, it should be moving more software. Although to be fair the wii hasn't had that many major new releases lately.

Kulle said:

@c0rd

Actually, it has not been disproven. Some spin graph from nintendo does not equal proof. Let's see the LTD numbers after this christmas and count them as proof, ok? :)

And I am talking about third parties here.

Sure, compare away. You aren't going to use VGC numbers for software totals, I hope. It even clearly says, "Note that software figures are largely incomplete."

Besides, how is the NPD graph they provided "spin?" Do you really think the Wii won't continue to move more software when its userbase is growing as fast as it is? You can hope all you want that the attach rate will go down, but it isn't going to happen.

As for your later comments (Quantum of Solace) - simple. The game is seen as inferior to its HD counterpart. If companies want to do well on the Wii, they need to take a different approach. Not only that, games tend to debut lower on the Wii as it is.

People are making these ridiculous threads now just because certain game launches light up the charts... they seem to forget that the Wii sells software at high levels all year long.

I hope it's a joke thread

Anyway DirtyP202, you cannot consider a single week - get some scientific rigour before you post another thread

You cannot discount sales of Wii Play and Wii Fit - because if you do, you have to discount all guitar hero sales, rock band, donkey konga, the original samba di amigo. Wii Play is a $10 game, and Wii Fit is an expensive peripheral based game.

Nor can you discount Wii Sports in Japan and South Korea Nor can you discount Wii Sports elsewhere unless you are willing to either

Discount sales of motorstorm, LBP, Gears of War 2 and every other bundled game on the PS360 or

Find out exactly how many sales of each game were from bundles and discount them

DirtyP2002, there are so many errors you made in you post involving bad data sampling, assumptions etc.
I am guessing there was no mathematics, statistics, financial fact or even logic applied to your argumentation.

So i am guessing flame war provocation, boost in VG points, or maybe just plain boredom inspired this piece of writing.

I am not necessarily denying that Wii software sells worse than PS360 software, but at least try to do some research, and maybe start the foundation of a meaningful, constructive fact based argument on the matter. Its not like you do not have any data at your disposal to do so.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club