By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I am not a hater, but Wii is not moving software

DirtyP2002 said:

You can't be serious with that part, right? you compare the sales of Last Gen software with sales of the current gen and take that as a proof, install base has nothing to do with software-sales? That made you look stupid. Yeah... the bigger the install base, the worse the software-sales... That's why everybody wanted to release the software on the DC a few years ago, right?

Instead of telling others to be serious, why don't you act like a man and react on the graphs I posted. These are, as you demanded, official graphs from Nintendo/NPD.

I look forward to your reaction. 

Around the Network

You wastin' your time, Benga. They disprove the notion of his entire thread. I doubt he'll touch them.

Hope I'm wrong though... for the sake of seeing some Thursday morning crow-eating.

Take a look at Sony's and Nintendo's financial reports.

FY09 Wii Software estimate: 200 million units

FY09 PS2+PS3+PSP Software Estimate: 250 million units

BengaBenga said:
DirtyP2002 said:

You can't be serious with that part, right? you compare the sales of Last Gen software with sales of the current gen and take that as a proof, install base has nothing to do with software-sales? That made you look stupid. Yeah... the bigger the install base, the worse the software-sales... That's why everybody wanted to release the software on the DC a few years ago, right?

Instead of telling others to be serious, why don't you act like a man and react on the graphs I posted. These are, as you demanded, official graphs from Nintendo/NPD.

I look forward to your reaction. 

lapsed_gamer said:
Also, I can see taking Wii Play out, most people buy it for the controller.

But people are buying Mario Kart for ... the wheel?

(Yeah, now I have a piece of plastic to use for all of the 3rd party racing games! Oh and I might play the game that came with it occasionally...)

+1.  I did a facepalm when I read the part about Nintendo selling software because it's bundled.  I guess people are also only buying Wii Fit for the board.  You can do so much with it without the game.    

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

What the OP says it's true. But it's not the fault of the Wii or its userbase, it's Nintendo's and 3rd party devs fault for releasing hardly any decent game. Wii has been getting 1 good game for every 20 or so shovelware title.

That tells a lot, Wii cannot sell what it doesnt have, even Nintendo needs to step up in their releases, third parties, well there are no words describing how poor their support has been.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

c0rd said:

@Oyvoyvoyv: It looks like the big drop has been in the past 3 months. In that time, the HD consoles have had quite a few titles: Fable/GeoW2, Madden/Fifa/PES, LBP/R2/FO3, in particular. In storms of releases, of course it won't look so good. Even if the Wii had games to fight back with, they aren't very frontloaded.

I *think* the Wii gets better holiday boosts, so it should look better soon. I think this is (relatively) the worst time for the Wii, anyway. Have you looked at its 2007 ratios? It would probably look almost as bad last year, seeing as how Halo 3, sports titles, CoD4 and others launched.

It actually looks decent for Wii in 07. But that is because of a few reasons.

1. 360 numbers aren't complete. Wii numbers aren't either, but I believe they are more complete.

2. Ps3 was doing crap.

Anyway, for full 2007

Wii -  58.5M - 38.4%

X360 - 64.5M - 42.4%

Ps3 -  29.1M - 19.1%

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I would just like to add, that great games like Little Big Planet can be found exclusively only on the Play Station 3.

Also that great games like Gears of War 2 can be found exclusively only on the Xbox 360.

Also that great games like... wait what came out in the last 3 weeks for Wii?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@ Naznatips & Benga: You two trying to impart logic in a nonsensical thread, lol. You can tell that some XB360 fans have been counting the DAY for GoW2 to release, knowing it would bump up XB software sales, lol.

...Let them have their moment. =D

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

trestres said:
What the OP says it's true. But it's not the fault of the Wii or its userbase, it's Nintendo's and 3rd party devs fault for releasing hardly any decent game. Wii has been getting 1 good game for every 20 or so shovelware title.

That tells a lot, Wii cannot sell what it doesnt have, even Nintendo needs to step up in their releases, third parties, well there are no words describing how poor their support has been.

I'll give you the 3rd parties, but with a caveat that alot of those games were in development before it was known that the Wii would be the market leader. Thats why I say that in the early part of the Wii's maturation it is being punlished for the sins of the Gamecube, lol.

But come on now Trestres no one was banging the drum this loudly until the last couple of weeks. Up until then the Wii/DS OWNED software sales.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?