By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor FF Crystal bearers could be silently cancelled... EGM magazine

trestres said:
Ok then, keep on waiting for something that doesnt exist. It's pretty pointless don't you think?

Only 5 seconds of gameplay in more than 2 years, and you still believe the game wasn't a tech demo/vaporware/game cancelled cause of the hate?

Oh, and I suppose you know exactly what's going on at Square-Enix?  How do you know for sure?  Did someone from them whisper it to you or something?

Once again, I'm not paying attention to this.

Around the Network

@clerk: I doubt a DS port will turn out well.

@JTur~: Ok then keep on waiting :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Port? Pretty sure it's a mew game.

if it turns out to be true. trestres is gonna go berserk

Hey did anybody make a thread about Square in fact stating that it is NOT canceled? They are suppose to announce something about it Tommorrow, but I don't know when it was posted....

linkie--->http://gonintendo.com/?p=62744

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

Gonintendo said that they received an E-Mail from SE that said the game wasn't cancelled,the official statement will be released today,I'll try and find the link.

Edit:Here it is http://gonintendo.com/?p=62744

Square-Enix says FFCC: The Crystal Bearers not cancelled, official statement tomorrow

I have bumped this story to the front page, just to make sure you all caught this. This is the original EGM Rumors post, but with added comments. I think you’ll be pleased with the information. The new section has been marked with an UPDATE note.

- Silicon Knight’s unannounced long-in-development Sega title is looking for a new publisher.
- Brash Entertainment is gone due to horrible licensed content
- Square Enix quietly cancelling FF:CC Crystal Bearers for Wii. Look for FF:CC Echoes of Time for DS and Wii.

I am excited for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. With that said, I was equally excited for The Crystal Bearers. It’s almost as if titles shown at Nintendo’s pre Wii-launch E3 have some sort of curse attached to them! Thanks to Daniel for the heads up.

UPDATE - I have received an email from Square-Enix public relations that states that the game has not been cancelled and an official statement will be provided tomorrow.

Edit 2:Senortaco posted it before me.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

JTurner82 said:
trestres said:
Ok then, keep on waiting for something that doesnt exist. It's pretty pointless don't you think?

Only 5 seconds of gameplay in more than 2 years, and you still believe the game wasn't a tech demo/vaporware/game cancelled cause of the hate?

Oh, and I suppose you know exactly what's going on at Square-Enix?  How do you know for sure?  Did someone from them whisper it to you or something?

Once again, I'm not paying attention to this.

trestres is a bitter individual who likes to try and spread his bitterness to the world.  I've found it's best to ignore his posts, move on to the next one.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

trestres said:

So you are saying that FFXIII and FFvsXIII are vaporware as well. I mean those games were announced in 2005. Three and half years later and we still getting recycled screens and CGI footage.