By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM September Issue Review Scores- Lair and Blue Dragon Disappoint

So 1 million worldwide is your definition of success?

You tell me what the conditions of the bet are.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=100&id=3886

ckmlb said:
So 1 million worldwide is your definition of success?

You tell me what the conditions of the bet are.

By most standards million sellers are successful. It may be that it still won't be enough to recoup investment costs, but having another million seller in Sony's tent is a win.

However, with only 4 million or so PS3's sold worldwide, Lair would need to have a 25% attach rate to hit that mark, and I'm not sure it can (witness the very well reviewed, very little played Panzer Dragoon for Xbox).

Forget about lair, heavenly sword I ve said it before has the ability to get GOTY it looks like the story will be epic and alot of action adventure. I cant wait til sep4.

mM
steven787 said:
It's odd, because when a review is good from EGM I take it with a grain of salt. On the other side of that, though, they hardly ever under review. They are tough though, so maybe they were a little too tough.

I hope some of the other mags/sites rate it better Sony could use a boost, and I could use a PS3 game. Thank god for Planet Earth (BBC Bluray).

Eh, is it really worth buying the discs?  It looks nice in HD, but I wouldn't watch it very many times.  I have a few of the better episodes on my HD DVR right now but they don't get watched much.

Around the Network
Ok. I don't care about this EGM review. This is an anomaly. I'm reading Lair's preview (based on5 levels) right now - PSX Extreme - the biggest polish magazine devoted console games (PS2, PS3, Wii, X360, DS, PSP) and they scored it 8/10. They are pretty solid and final score is always very close (it may be 8- or 8+). They find controls solid and precise. Few issues they spotted:

- pretty short range of lock on feature
- "unconvincing" voice acting
- limitation of battle area (mountains or auto come back on sea)
- annoying arrow to point enemies instead of some kind of map...

Anyway this is a solid second generation game for PS3.

Some other reviews and E3 previews

Heavenly Sword 9+ (I trust them ! !)
Uncharted Drakes Fortune 9
Eye of judgement 8+
Dirt 8+
Darkness 8
Call of Juarez 7+
Overlord 8+
NGS 8+
Big Brain Wii degree 7-
RE4 Wii 9+
Final Fantasy PSP 5
More Brain Training DS 8+
Rainbow Six Vegas PSP 5+

I refuse to take anything that uses extreme seriously.

leo-j said:
Forget about lair, heavenly sword I ve said it before has the ability to get GOTY it looks like the story will be epic and alot of action adventure. I cant wait til sep4.

I've been hearing rumors that Heavenly Sword isn't going to make that date.

And, no prob, Origin

They did say September in the demo, so I can forgive them as long as they get it out by the end of that month.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I wanna see what GS and IGN say before I withdraw my pre-order.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.