By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii ever match the 64 in terms of awesome platformers?

KungKras said:
Beuli2 said:
KungKras said:
Beuli2 said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

don´t disapoint me beuli

You're the one dissapointing me. And Donkey Kong Country Returns will sell more than SMG 2. If I win this bet, I will say that 3D platformers are better than 2D in my sig for one week. If not, my point will be proven.

But... you seem so against 3D platformers. Why would WINNING a bet make you say that 3D platformers are better then 2D platformers?

Oh, afraid of loosing the bet I see?

I made a bet?!?! And if you win the bet you will say that 3D platformers are better?

I am confused :S

It's a conspiration! And I said if I lost I would say that 3D Mario games are better. You're clearly being mislead by some evil clone of me, like darth.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
KungKras said:
Beuli2 said:
KungKras said:
Beuli2 said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

don´t disapoint me beuli

You're the one dissapointing me. And Donkey Kong Country Returns will sell more than SMG 2. If I win this bet, I will say that 3D platformers are better than 2D in my sig for one week. If not, my point will be proven.

But... you seem so against 3D platformers. Why would WINNING a bet make you say that 3D platformers are better then 2D platformers?

Oh, afraid of loosing the bet I see?

I made a bet?!?! And if you win the bet you will say that 3D platformers are better?

I am confused :S

It's a conspiration! And I said if I lost I would say that 3D Mario games are better. You're clearly being mislead by some evil clone of me, like darth.

Of course!

I should have known!

I LOVE ICELAND!

Unless you're excluding 2D platformers I'd say it already has.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Wii already pretty much rapes every other home console since the 16bit era in terms of platformers.  So much goodness, the Wii platforming revival is the best thing about this generation imo.

ChichiriMuyo said:

Unless you're excluding 2D platformers I'd say it already has.

Even excluding them, nothing on N64 touches Mario Galaxy 1-2.  Sonic Colors, Epic Mickey and even (surprisingly) Jett Rocket are all top notch too.  If only we'd actually gotten Rayman 4. :/

Wii may lack in quantity somewhat for 3D platformers, but it more than makes that up in quality imo.

Around the Network

beuli there is no point in your bet because we both know dkcr is likely to outsell galaxy2, but that would´nt prove 2d is better than 3d. I love 2d platformers, but I also love 3d ones the same

Edit: I couldn´t have disapointed you casue dkcr is my goty only tied with galaxy 2

btw 5-k is one of the best levels I´ve ever played (specially without diddy)

Boutros said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Boutros said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Starfox Adventures is not even a platformer.

Are you sure it's platformer you like?

Platformers aren't my favorite games to begin with but I'm pretty sure Star Fax Adventures would be considered a platformer. It may also be an action game.

It's an action/adventure game, a Zelda like.

This is not a platformer. Like I said you can't even jump, it's all automatic.

Well automatic jumping is too Star Fox Adventures what on-rail is to most FPS's on the Wii. Yet we still consider them FPS's. So I still consider it a platformer. Just like I consider Ratchet a platformer.

Wait, what?!  Uh, SFA isn't even close to be being a platformer.  And no, no one calls games like HOTD 2&3/Overkill, Ghost Squad, REUC/DSC or DSE a FPS either...

R&C's kinda of a platformer, kind of a shooter.  I'd just call it an action game really, but I'd still be fine with anyone calling it a platformer.

No banjo... :(

The Wii has DKCR and NSMBWii while N64 had Rare. Therefore, its a tie, so shut up and agree with me unless you want an infinite loophole.

Wii already passed it in my book. Its actually pretty one sided to me.